This week’s Freebie Friday is in honor of those “Why didn’t I think of that?” moments. I love my inherited wrought-iron chandelier and brass candlesticks, but they don’t jive with the contemporary design of my home. How do I modernize a 120-year-old piece of working art and grandma’s hand-me-downs? With decorative candle sleeves, of course! (Seriously, why didn’t I think of that?) Kaarskoker is the colorful alternative to cracked and yellowed candle sleeves on a chandelier…bling for boring old candlesticks. Simply slide on one of their 100+ patterns (some for under $10/pair), and you’ve got an instant update for your room.

kaarkoker candle sleeves

Kaarskoker wants to glam up your tablesetting, mantel or light fixtures with your choice of a pair of silver or brass candlesticks (brass is back, you know) and three sets of candle sleeves (I love kkHoundstooth & kkPeacock). There will be two winners, so answer this week’s question before 12/11c Monday, March 14, for a chance to win.

This week’s question: When do your candlesticks get used? Holiday parties? Romantic dinners? Power outages only?

Click for official rules.

Accessories, Freebies

1. Erica Best says:

i use this for Romantic dinners with my bf it really helps set the mood.

2. Amy PureHome says:

I always think of candlesticks as decor only, not for use. The little jar candles get burned in my house!

3. beyond says:

my candlesticks sadly don't get used as much as the should… special occasions only.

4. Andrea Z says:

I use my candlesticks for holiday & special occasion dinners.

5. aspieland says:

I have everyday candlesticks and candlesticks that come out for special occasions. I wish we had more special occasions for them to get shown off!

6. Donna K says:

Mine get used for romantic dinners.

7. Tamara says:

MIne get used a lot! I have some that are just for everyday, some that are for special occassion (Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving- and they are color coordinated- Green for Christmas, light pink for Easter, Vanilla for Thanksgiving)
    But my favorite time to pull out the candles is birthdays- I have a deep set of purple that I use for my birthday!

8. noraodea says:

I use candlesticks a lot. My house is 110 yrs old and they look great all over. I also think these sleeves would be great over sconces!

9. 4Grammy says:

Covering candlesticks to go with different decor and to create different moods is a nice idea. I have wooden candlesticks on display all the time. They are used for special occasions, for romantic dinners with my husband and also for power outages. Candles are great at this time of year when it gets dark early and the days are gloomy. They brighten up my day!

10. Lauren says:

Personally, my candlesticks have yet to be used. I bought them to have a romantic evening with my boyfriend and ended up forgetting a match! I am waiting for our anniversary in April. I'm planning on cooking him a nice dinner and hopefully lighting some candle sticks!