This week’s Freebie Friday is in honor of those “Why didn’t I think of that?” moments. I love my inherited wrought-iron chandelier and brass candlesticks, but they don’t jive with the contemporary design of my home. How do I modernize a 120-year-old piece of working art and grandma’s hand-me-downs? With decorative candle sleeves, of course! (Seriously, why didn’t I think of that?) Kaarskoker is the colorful alternative to cracked and yellowed candle sleeves on a chandelier…bling for boring old candlesticks. Simply slide on one of their 100+ patterns (some for under $10/pair), and you’ve got an instant update for your room.

kaarkoker candle sleeves

Kaarskoker wants to glam up your tablesetting, mantel or light fixtures with your choice of a pair of silver or brass candlesticks (brass is back, you know) and three sets of candle sleeves (I love kkHoundstooth & kkPeacock). There will be two winners, so answer this week’s question before 12/11c Monday, March 14, for a chance to win.

This week’s question: When do your candlesticks get used? Holiday parties? Romantic dinners? Power outages only?

Click for official rules.

Accessories, Freebies

1. Mary W says:

I keep brass, silver and crystal candlesticks on all my tables and enjoy them every day of the year.

2. Amy Pierce says:

I have candlesticks as everyday decor. They really compliment my antique home. I light them for many reasons: dinner, company, mood, special occasions, and of course power outages. Jar candles are lit everyday to bring peaceful atmosphere.

3. Melissa says:

I keep some out all the time and glam up my table and mantel for special occasions by taking out the rest of the candlesticks. I am so happy to see that Kaarskoker has taken the candle sleeve into 2011!! I love the prints, especially the houndstooth!! These would look dynamite on my mantel and table top.

4. Christen says:

I have my crystal candlesticks all year round. However, my candles rarely get lit unless there is a power outage.

5. Ginger Koumalats says:

My candle sticks usually stay up unless I am in the billiards room with col. Mustard… actually they are displayed on my buffet all the time

6. Amy S. says:

Only when playing "Clue." ;)

7. Amanda Gulla says:

I have not been able to find nice candle stick holders since our house caught fire last July. I would love these for our new/used dining room table! Plus how amazing would it be to change them to match the flowers or dishes being used!

8. sheriknurse says:

Mine are on my spinet piano. I not only light candles when I play romantic melodies but for ragtime, gospel, rock, and hip-hop. The touch of candle light set the mood for any occasion, especially when Mom and my sisters gather around to sing. It's magical!!!

9. Diana Townsend says:

i use candlesticks all the time. They are a permanent part of my decor for my dining room. Would love to try your candlestick sleeves.

10. Cheri says:

I love this idea! I keep inheriting my mom's antiques as she is trying to thin out her house, but often times I don't know how to blend them into my decor. This is a clever idea. My candlesticks now are mostly used for holiday or special dinners. Otherwise they are used as simple decor.