If you’re planning on remodeling your kitchen or bathroom in a couple years, you might want to keep an eye out for the winners of the 2010/2011 National Kitchen & Bath Association Student Design Competition. More than 300 students from design programs across North America submitted floor plans and renderings for a high-rise condominium unit in downtown Chicago. Here’s a look at the winning designs that took first place.

• 1st Place – Kitchens: Mary Anne Jarrell, Seminole State College

NKBA 1st Place Kitchens: Mary Anne Jarrell, Seminole State College

• 1st Place – Bathrooms: Alexis Cannariato, Brigham Young University

NKBA 1st Place Bathrooms: Alexis Cannariato, Brigham Young University
By the way, the NKBA is now accepting entries for the 2011/2012 NKBA Student Design Competition. The new round calls for kitchen and bath designs for a 19th century Federal Style Row House.

Design Inspiration

1. [...] NKBA Student Design Competition Winners [...]

2. Ann Biddy says:

Congratulations Mary Anne.. this is a beautiful kitchen and you are heading for the BIG time with your abilities. Ann Biddy

3. Eliza Lund says:

Alexis, you are fantastic! I am so impressed by everything you design. I look forward to seeing your work in the years to come! Eliza Lund

4. Moni moo says:

Alexis is the BEST student designer ever!!! And such a wonderful person. I love you, sis!

5. Becca says:

Way to go Lexi!

6. Anthony Keller says:

omg! I was not going to enter the competition but after seeing the winning designs…I AM NOW!!!! I have self-feeding/self watering herbal columns on my kitchen island. I don't see anything creative in these elevations. Recess lighting?? Bar stools?? Seriously??!! Anyhow, congratulations it is a huge accomplishment.

• Alice says:

It's not about what YOU want in the space, it is about the client programming. The designers gave the clients EXACTLY what they wanted. They are beautiful designs. Not everyone wants a self watering herb garden in their kitchen. But good luck with your entry.