If you were the lucky (and wealthy) owner of two new penthouse apartments, could you think of a better way to connect your new spaces than with a slide?

new york apartment slide
Chances are your answer to that question was, “Yes. I would use stairs.” The bachelor who owns the attached apartments, however, chose the much less reasonable but much more fun option: a stainless steel slide. This makes my inner-child happy.

Design Inspiration

1. pixelecho69 says:

I guess if I was that rich I would install something like that for my children not for me well maybe.

2. fxgeorges says:

Wow, that is a neat idea. Thanks for sharing! Most people think I'm weird if I mention we have a swing in our living room!!

3. Amy PureHome says:

If I had all the money in the world….I would certainly have extraordinary things like this is my home!

4. arborbarber says:

Wow! I would love to have this in my home for my kids…

Arbor Barber http://www.arborbarbertreeservice.com

5. Niko says:

ha that has to be one of the coolest things I have seen in a house of that style.

I personally believe that the slide adds to the modern style.

6. Anna@HGTV says:

The Ron Clark Academy has a slide so the students can take the stairs…or slide to their first floor classes. http://blogs.ajc.com/get-schooled-blog/2009/12/17
    I think all schools should have them. Also, I visited a friend's workplace where the building was a converted fire station. They had a pole you could slide down in the middle of the lobby.

7. Anna@HGTV says:

8. bestusbhub says:

usb hub joggler Daily Delight: Indoor Slide | HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens

Lili ZarghamiLili is Editorial Director of HGTV.com. Her personal obsessions include looking for just the right sofa, ogling real estate listings, and reading floor-plans. She has an admitted "chair problem," collecting...

See What We’re Pinning

• This Rhode Island home on Block Island has stunning views

• Navy and green look classic, but still fun in Meg Caswell's

• Sweet ice cream cone #kitchen timer #hgtvmagazine

• The porch, which has a stone foundation, is the go-to spot