Nature may be getting ready to trick us with an April Fool’s storm, but that won’t stop me from dreaming about the great outdoors. Getting the deck or patio ready for entertaining is one of the great rituals of spring. With a combo of color, patterns, textiles and accessories, you can create an outdoor room you’ll really love.

House To Home outdoor

House To Home

Invest in outdoor furniture. Bold patterns in complementary shades make this garden area the perfect place to lounge and enjoy the sun.

Elle Decor

Don’t forget your favorite global-inspired cushions, placed atop a graphic outdoor rug. I also love the idea of pops of hot pink. Put a coat of paint on your plant pots!

Elle Decor Outdoor Room

Elle Decor

Pick two of your favorite shades and create an over-the-top color story.

House to Home Outdoor Room

House to Home

And if you’re not a color junkie like me, well even a few bright pieces will take the patio up a notch. I love the bright orange frame placed on the wall of this deck. It’s a little bit of living room style brought outside, and in bright orange it’s a lot of fun.

For more ideas for spiffing up your outdoor rooms — like painting on a rug to brighten your deck — check out my fellow blogger, Brian Patrick Flynn, on Fast Fix: Outdoors

Design Inspiration

1. Ryan Ringe says:

Really cool ideas.

Ryan

2. Kelly says:

So much color! Very beautiful, but you'd have to bring some of that stuff in before rain. I can't wait to try out some of these ideas at my new home I just bought through http://www.coastalrealtyfla.com

• Jeanine Hays says:

Kelly there are a lot of great outdoor fabrics these days. Check out West Elm for great outdoor curtains, and sunbrella fabrics. IKEA also has some outdoor fabric options that will stand up to rain.

3. Marie says:

All I can say is WOW! The colors are beautiful. I'm just done fixing our living room but I am more excited on decorating our patio. Your designs give me inspirations. http://www.jupiterblue.co.uk/

4. wdkral says:

these are great but how about something for the yard that is flat, no trees, no fence and large.

5. slb says:

Can you do a show on landscapes for the front & rear yards of townhouses?

6. OUOSUMOM says:

Im looking for some ideas for decorating a boathouse on a small lake. There is a concrete floor, two full walls, a half wall and an open side. Part of the boathouse opens onto the boat dock (15×15). There is also a small, bricked cnimney wood grill in the boathouse. The space is open and large (approx. 35×20), but we would like to have storage cabinets, s small bar/serving area, a dining area, all while taking advantage of the view of the lake.

7. Hi, constantly i used to check web site posts here in the early hours in the break of day, because i enjoy to learn more and more.
    cheapest louis vuitton purse http://a222.exchangecloud.it