I’ve been seeing the classic chevron zigzag everywhere — from pillows to throws to rugs. My favorite? Chevron curtains.

Chevron Curtains

Via Go{4}Pro

These oversized graphics add instant interest to any window.

tan and white chevron curtain

My Home Ideas

Even in a neutral space the chevron print adds a bit of pizazz. These curtains are the perfect accent for this global-inspired reading nook.

blue and white chevron curtain

Rue Magazine

One of my favorite bloggers, Jess Constable from Makeunder My Life, added chevron curtains to her home office, which you can see more of on Rue Magazine. The blue and white is so soft and elegant.

chevron curtain tutorial

KFD Designs

To make your own chevron curtains check out K.F.D. Designs’ online tutorial. I’m definitely inspired!

chevron curtain black and white

KFD Designs

And if you’re not the DIY type, you can find chevron curtains on Etsy at Maison Boutique and Castle Creek Designs.

PS My fellow blogger, Brian Patrick Flynn carried the painted-canvas idea further with a colorful outdoor rug painted on a drop cloth.

Design Inspiration

1. Jess LC says:

Thank you so much for featuring my curtains!! :) I love the black and white combinations too!

2. Elsa says:

I love anything and everything chevron! I created some no sew chevron curtains for our bedroom: http://www.casagreer.com/2011/02/master-bedroom-r

3. Jess LC says:

4. Elsa says:

5. Joi says:

Hi! I was alerted that you featured my photo above! I'm the first photo up top!

Here's my blog:

6. I love chevron for a curtain because it's hard to lose the pattern (which can sometimes happen with stripes) in the folds. These are great examples (and I of course love Jess's apartment!)

7. kristen f davis says:

thanks for posting my curtains and the how-to! :)

8. Jeanine Hays says:

You are very welcome. Your work is fantastic!