We’re super excited to tell you that HGTV and Hearst Magazines are introducing a new title: HGTV Magazine.

The magazine will cover decorating, renovating, gardening and real estate, of course. You’ll also find content like entertaining and food, to help you make the most of your home. Look for lots of your favorite HGTV talent and behind-the-scenes scoop.

Sara Peterson, formerly editor of Coastal Living, is the editor-in-chief.

Look for the first test issue in October and the second the following January. If people love it as much as we think they will, full-scale production will kick off in 2012.

Now’s a good time to speak up. What would you like to see in our new magazine?

HEARST MAGAZINES AND HGTV COLLABORATE ON NEW LIFESTYLE MAGAZINE CONCEPT

First Test Issue to Hit Newsstands in Fall 2011

NEW YORK, April 7, 2011 – Hearst Magazines, one of the world’s largest publishers of women’s magazines, and HGTV, America’s leader in home and lifestyle programming, today announced that they are partnering to test a new magazine in the market starting in fall 2011.  Entitled HGTV Magazine, the publication will explore the themes covered in HGTV’s popular programming, as well as lifestyle content that goes beyond what’s featured on the network.

Sara Peterson, formerly editor of Coastal Living, is HGTV Magazine’s editor-in-chief. The first two test issues will feature HGTV talent throughout its pages, offering readers personal tips, tricks and expertise, as well as a behind-the-scenes look at their shows.  Content will include real estate, decorating, home renovation, gardening, entertaining and food.

The debut test issue will hit newsstands nationwide in October, followed by a second test issue in January 2012. Hearst and HGTV will use the test period to gauge consumers’ interest in the concept ahead of a possible full-scale launch in 2012.

“We’re pleased to be testing this new magazine in the market, once again partnering with Scripps Networks. Our first joint venture, Food Network Magazine, is currently the #1 selling food magazine on newsstands,” said David Carey, president, Hearst Magazines.  “Hearst is known for its successful partnerships and HGTV’s enormous fan base and rich lifestyle content dovetails well with our expertise at delivering entertaining and compelling content.”

“We’re encouraged by the enormously positive response Hearst and our parent company, Scripps Networks, have received with Food Network Magazine,” said Jim Samples, president, HGTV. “We expect that HGTV’s collaboration with Hearst in the form of a lifestyle publication will resonate with our millions of viewers, as well as with new consumers who are passionate about their homes and the lives they live in them.”

ABOUT HEARST MAGAZINES

Hearst Magazines is a unit of Hearst Corporation (www.hearst.com), one of the nation’s largest diversified communications companies with interests in magazines, newspapers, digital media, business media and television.  As one of the world’s largest publishers of monthly magazines, Hearst Magazines publishes nearly 200 editions around the world, including 14 U.S. titles and 20 magazines in the United Kingdom, published through its wholly owned subsidiary, The National Magazine Company Limited. Hearst Magazines is a leading publisher of monthly magazines in the U.S. in terms of total circulation (ABC June 2010) and reaches 73 million adults (Spring 2010 MRI).

Hearst Magazines Digital Media, a unit of Hearst Magazines, is dedicated to creating and implementing the digital strategy for Hearst’s magazine brands and other sites which serve the company’s consumer audience.  The unit has launched, re-launched or acquired 24 websites and 10 mobile sites for brands such as Cosmopolitan, Popular Mechanics, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Marie Claire and Seventeen, as well as digital-only sites such as Delish.com, a food site in partnership with MSN; TheDailyGreen.com; MisQuinceMag.com; RealBeauty.com; social shopping site Kaboodle.com; and consumer health site RealAge.com. Hearst Magazines has published more than 65 applications and digital editions for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch, as well as the Droid platform.

ABOUT HGTV

HGTV, America’s leader in home and lifestyle programming, is distributed to more than 99 million U.S. households and is one of cable’s top-rated networks.  HGTV’s website, HGTV.com, is the nation’s leading online home-and-garden destination that attracts an average of 5 million unique visitors per month.

Headquartered in Knoxville, Tenn., HGTV is wholly owned by Scripps Networks Interactive Inc. (NYSE:SNI), which also operates Food Network (http://www.foodnetwork.com), DIY Network  (http://www.diynetwork.com), Cooking Channel (http://www.cookingchanneltv.com), Travel Channel (http://www.travelchannel.com) and Great American Country (http://www.gactv.com).

Design Inspiration

1. Karen says:

Why can't we subscribe now?

2. Jennifer says:

Love the idea of the new magazine. I will definitely watch for it. Please include ideas for small spaces. My galley kitchen is desperate for a makeover and its only 8.5 feet by 15 feet. In this kitchen I cook big family dinners every month. My bathrooms are 5 x 8 – yep, both of 'em. I agree with the comment about gardening in the hot, alkaline southwest. And, please, how can I finish my garage to be a garage that is still functional for a pantry and a laundry room.

3. ccc says:

Its a shame Kelly was kicked off tonight when it is clear that one of the others couldn't even say his words right, and his room was not all that……which isn't the first time. But, I guess you just don't answer back to Genievenia…..I am really sick of seeing her on everything. Her designs are not pretty…….some are actually ugly…..some are nice. And Nate!!!!! come on, Opry made him. Where are the other designers….like Lisa LaPorta, she has never designed anything ugly …ever ! What, you all just needed a man to win this time. This show now sucks !

4. Random Flyer says:

Hate to see Kelly go, but she honestly messed that one up! Just watched Design on a Dime, and I won't be watching it again, it's just not the same show as the old days and Casey really blew this one! I would be upset to walk in and find that mess of a room!

5. Diane Cavett says:

Can't wait until October. What a GOOD idea. Hope you have before and afters and articles on the stars of HGTV. . Landscaping would be good too.

6. Random Flyer says:

As for the new HGTV Magazine, I love the idea, but am skeptical on their angle. Recently they have had many new shows that I just don't agree with, after the economy and recent storms around the country, people just don't have a ton of money for their recent angle on shows. Design on a dime used to be a decent show for people who couldn't afford much, now it's very different and the stuff they make is simply junk, I used to get so inspired by all of the HGTV shows, now I'm finding myself just not interested in most of the shows…especially house hunters international, who cares what the foreigners are crying about in a home, get over it and move on, you're lucky to have the budget you have! Buy American!

7. joan says:

I agree with whoever posted about Kelly. She SHOULD NOT have been kicked off. I agree its because she spoke back to Genievene. Genievene has been really ugly this season & so has Vern. They think they know everything about design.. Candance is still sweet, sweet Candance. Yeah, bring on Lisa LaPorta to show up Genieve. I use to watch her all the time but she is so rude on Design star, I quit watching her. Now that David left his original people and started designing with another crew, in a different location, quit him too!!! I think the role of boss has ruined Vern & Genieve. Will NOT watch them anymore.

8. tjtabu says:

Am I the only one who hates house hunters/property virgins? All these petty little people with their unimaginative comments ( " I don't like the color of the walls" "That's a horrible bed" ) choosing house number one, two, or three–and hour after hour! PLEASE get rid of those programs!

9. Love Gen says:

I have to say I was getting tired of all the OLD Design on a Dime redo's. Most of them just built stuff I could find at local thrift stores for a lot less money and better looking! I liked Casey's room this week. I also wasn't liking that Color Splash went with all new people but I'm starting to like it more. The places they go for inpiration translate a little too brightly but I think that's what the homeowners are asking for. . BIG fan of Geniveve. I think you have to look at the editing not so much what the producers have left IN, she's welcome to come do my house anytime! Dear Gen, Come to Chicago! House Hunters needs to stay out of primetime scheduling. Please? Rather see the Morning Shows there since I work days!

10. carolyn felldin says:

ready to get started with this new mag, seems like it will be great fun.