So I have this friend who has a titanic design crush on a particular superdesigner on HGTV, Sarah Richardson. This super smart, super tall friend (whose name I shall not mention) has a lot in common with Ms. Richardson: both started behind the scenes as set decorators before transitioning on to the small screen as hosts, they both run production companies and produce their own content, and they both seem adamant about tailored draperies and upholstery in just about every space. Of all the interiors featured on the network, everything Sarah touches — whether it’s client’s homes on Design Inc. or her own properties on Sarah’s House — looks as though it’s an ElleDECOR cover shot come to life. If you’re unfamiliar with the stunning spaces of Sarah Richardson, allow my friend to serve you up a bowl of eye candy via Ms. Richardson’s HGTV portfolio. Although I’d like to also reveal the identity of my friend, I simply cannot; however, I will give you a hint: I am him.

Sarah Richardson Bedroom

Sarah’s mixing of prints is often like a master class in both pattern and scale.

Sarah Richardson Seating Area

White, most likely the hardest color to use successfully on TV and in real-life, is something Sarah pulls of effortlessly.

Sarah Richardson Kitchen

Sarah Richardson kitchens are always classic and high-end; however, a clever use of materials is always thrown into the mix. In this case, the inset reclaimed tongue-and-groove plank is an eco-friendly surprise.

Sarah Richardson Bedroom

Although her spaces are often gender neutral, Sarah brings feminine to new heights by keeping bright colors elegant and almost understated, then going with large, graphic scale prints to keep the overall aesthetic from being too fussy.

Sarah Richardson Living Room

In addition to color and pattern, Sarah’s spaces also sport a plethora of textures which work together like strokes of paint on a canvas to create something totally balanced, warm and pleasing to the eye.

Sarah Richardson Bathroom

Mixing styles is another huge part of Sarah’s approach to design. This bathroom is the perfect example of something farmhouse-ish that is also one part modern and one part transitional. Although it’s light and neutral, the isolated pops of green bring in tiny bursts of energy.

Sarah Richardson Sunroom

There’s never anything trendy in a Sarah Richardson space. In fact, everything is totally classic but in a fresh, understated and classic way, like this living room with wraparound windows showing stunning ocean views.

Speaking of which, my friend will be tuning in to Sarah’s Summer House, her new show that premieres May 7th. You can tour this tiny island cottage on HGTV.com.

1. elaine says:

Love SR's latest home re-do. Need to know about the mirror in the lovely blue bedroom.

2. Bonnie Edenfield says:

I love Sarah Richardson's show! Her design is so classic, yet it is truly fresh. I like the way she shows us how to mix textures, fabric and furniture. I can't wait for each of her shows – Sarah's House as well as Design Inc. Her design team is also creative and talented. And the thing that pulls it all together is her great sense of humor. She is delightfully funny. Even my husband enjoys watching her shows with me. Way to go, Sarah, and the Design, Inc. team. Thank you for teaching us while still entertaining us.

3. vickie morgan says:

Sarah, you and Tommy crack me up! You are of course my favorite designer on hgtv. You even capture my husband's attention and laughs out loud at you and Tommy discussing design. Wish I could benefit from your services in person. Your so cute and are oh so smart in every aspect. You love what you do and it shows through to the viewing audiance. I try not to miss your shows. HGTV should hold onto you for a long time. Keep it coming

4. Dan says:

My wife and I love Sarah and her shows – Design, Inc. and Sarah's House. We DVR all of them. Unfortunately, I believe we have seen almost all of these shows and we are hoping for some new material. Does anyone know if she will be making any new shows in 2011? Maybe 2012? We are really hoping to see more of her in the very near future. There are a handful of folks at HDTV who should never stop filming. Ha! She is one of them…..

5. TLCnTX says:

I agree with Dan — Keep SR and her Design Inc Team coming. Secretly I wish I could win the lottery and employ SR and her team to design my dream home. Of course no limit on $$ since my dream is to win the lotto. So in the mean time please HGTV keep SR shows coming. This gal does it right every time.

6. Cathy says:

I would love to purchase DVD's of her shows……do you think that might be possible sometime in the future?

7. chirs says:

I love Sarah and Tommy too! Her budgets are always so high though, (and she seems to go over often :) I wish there was a show that is fun like Sarah and Tom, but had a design on a dime theme. (By the way, Desighn on a Dime is the most boring show ever!) We need more fun people to host that are real, but also live in the real world with realistic budgets.

8. Bonnie says:

I love the table that turned into the vanity in the June 11th show. It’s exactly what I have been looking for . I’m doing my bath in a “beachy” theme and she is giving me great inspiration. It appears the vanity was found in a specialty shop. Any idea where I might find one in North Carolina

9. bgaughan says:

LOVE her show! She & Tommy have been a great inspiration to me.
    In the last episode: HSSUH-105H – Sara's Summer Cottage:
    I'm looking for the tile she used for the backsplash in her kitchen…
    "Sarah's cottage kitchen brims with casual, functional style and operates totally off the grid.
    She used natural materials and a lighthearted color for the backsplash."
    Do you know where and how I can source this mosiac tile?

• AquaGirl says:

Hey, bgaughan, if you go to Sarah's website, sarahrichardsondesign.com, then choose television, then go to Sarah's Cottage, she gives the details and source of everything (and I mean everything!) in each room. So choose kitchen, then below it tells you the backsplash tiles are from <a href="http://www.saltillo-tiles.com” target=”_blank”>www.saltillo-tiles.com. Hope that helps! Her site is the best I've ever seen for sourcing everything she shows us.

10. Terry says:

Please, please, please do dvds of your shows. I really want to be able to have them forever!!!!!!!!!!!!