I’m the kind who trusts a friend’s opinion far more than a celeb endorsement. When Anna told me how much she adores Atlanta’s Farmer D Organics, I knew I would too. Farmer D’s makes and sells some of the richest, most sustainable compost, fertilizers and organic pest controls. But they are much more than an organic gardening store — Farmer D’s is part of a growing movement. Their site and blog are chock-full of useful information and inspiration if you’re looking to start your own biodynamic garden to feed your family and your community.

Farmer D Organics

Seeing as today is Earth Day, it’s appropriate that we’re giving away one of Farmer D’s Urban Planter Boxes. They’re made on site from sustainably-harvested red cedar, so you know they are good for the environment. (And smell delicious!) Leave us a comment before 12/11c Monday, April 25th to be entered for a chance to win.

This week’ question: How are you celebrating Earth Day? Putting in a rain barrel? Starting a bee hive? Planting a tree?

Click for official rules.

Freebies, Gardening

1. Joan Jackson says:

Clearing out more garden space … Can't wait to plant (if it ever stops Snowing!) LOL

2. Jen says:

Love this! would be perfect for our apartment.

3. NoraO says:

Thinking about expanding my garden and getting rid of more grass

4. Shalena says:

We just got our first house & don't move in until May 31st. But we are going to get a tree tomorrow and the contractor is letting us come plant is in our backyard :) My husband and I are looking to get solar panels put on the roof, since we live in the sun shine state why not use the sun we get almost daily. I've already been doing my research on what I can have in my garden. I can't wait to have my own home and start being better to our environment :)

P.S- Don't forget take a mug to Starbucks and get free coffee :) <3

5. Geitje says:

I'm prepping a room for painting–low/no VOCs (Benjamin Moore's Natura). It's… vaguely Earth Day-y?

6. Sara P. says:

What a beautiful planter!!

I am starting to compost with worms this weekend. I am so excited. These little guys are going to produce the best nutrients for my garden!!

7. Mary W says:

I have the seeds and plants for this box waiting! Perfect prize for Earth Day.

8. Margaret Woolcott says:

I love that Earth Day is part of Easter weekend this year! It gives us two things to be absolutely grateful for! My husband and I are going to be moving into our new house in about a month, and we have wonderful plans for a vegetable garden….and i am going to have my own flower garden, and they will be wonderful for other holidays!

9. sarah denning says:

it's raining out today and a little cold for getting the vegetable garden ready. I have a perfect spot planned for the compost container I plan to build with some recycled wood I salvaged from some pallets the recycle place wouldn't accept. Bring on the warm weather, i am ready to get started!!

10. Christen says:

For Earth Day, I installed a raised garden in my backyard recycling my grandmother's old cedar deck. This raised flower box would be another great addition!

• Chosen for its antiqued black finish, this entry console

• Everyday objects can become focal points in your bathroom

• A footed dish elevates the mundane and frees up counter

• We all collect something, from salt and pepper shakers to