I’m the kind who trusts a friend’s opinion far more than a celeb endorsement. When Anna told me how much she adores Atlanta’s Farmer D Organics, I knew I would too. Farmer D’s makes and sells some of the richest, most sustainable compost, fertilizers and organic pest controls. But they are much more than an organic gardening store — Farmer D’s is part of a growing movement. Their site and blog are chock-full of useful information and inspiration if you’re looking to start your own biodynamic garden to feed your family and your community.

Farmer D Organics

Seeing as today is Earth Day, it’s appropriate that we’re giving away one of Farmer D’s Urban Planter Boxes. They’re made on site from sustainably-harvested red cedar, so you know they are good for the environment. (And smell delicious!) Leave us a comment before 12/11c Monday, April 25th to be entered for a chance to win.

This week’ question: How are you celebrating Earth Day? Putting in a rain barrel? Starting a bee hive? Planting a tree?

Click for official rules.

Freebies, Gardening

1. Ayse says:

I'm going to spend some quality time sifting compost for the annual top-dressing. I guess this is what it's like to get older.

2. Charles Spencer says:

Even though it is raining I am caring for the plants I planted last week…for this earth day. I am also installing a rock fountain to go along with the flower beds. That planter would be a great addition!!!!!!!

3. Noel says:

I'm celebrating Earth Day by eating 100% raw. This planter would be amazing!

4. Susan P. says:

I'm enjoying the beautiful sunshine and clean air! This planter would be perfect since our soil is so shallow and lacking in nutrients. I have the perfect place for it.

5. jeanette says:

I'll be helping my daughter w/ her pre-school earth day project. She will be showing her classroom how she helps recycle.

6. Shannon says:

I started a recycling program at my office and today I took the it all to the recycling center.

7. nancy says:

Living in northern new england means starting winter cleanup, getting out dog house and raking the yard. Looking for buds on our trees and if the ground is thawed enough, feeding the lawn in preparation for summer. Planting a tree or two is also on the to do list.

8. This would be perfect to start with my daughter who is turning 4 and loves everything about gardens & flowers! This would be perfect for us to tend ~ something that is just ours in the garden!

9. Desingergirly88 says:

yeah that would be perfect for adults or kids who loves gardening. I love gardening, and I have my own garden in the summer/spring.

10. Tim Curran says:

This planter would go perfect with my cedar raised bed I put in last year!

• As seen on HGTV's "Property Brothers At Home"

• As seen on HGTV's "Property Brothers At Home"

• As seen on HGTV's "Property Brothers At Home"

• As seen on HGTV's "Property Brothers At Home"