When I initially meet with new clients, I request they bring tear sheets of their favorite shelter magazine rooms with them. Nine times out of ten, either the spaces are celebrities in their own rights, or the interiors belong to actual celebrities. The usual suspects? Jenna Lyons’ black, white and yellow Brooklyn home from Domino, Thom Filicia’s lake house, or Sarah Jessica Parker’s house in The Hamptons. Over the past year, a whole new batch of famous — or famous people’s — homes have made their way into the mix. Albeit uber-feminine, gender-neutral or bachelor-chic, here’s four different celebrity homes certain to always be ready for their closeups.

John Mayer's Living Room

John Mayer's Dining Room

First up is the meticulously edited, insanely sophisticated New York home of John Mayer as published in Elle Decor. Bachelors — and their ladyfriends — often reference this space as a source of inspiration. The 2500 square foot SoHo spread, which sports furnishings by Armani Casa, is all about classic lines and a calm palette. It’s cool enough for a dude but warm enough for his female counterpart.

Gwyneth Paltrow's EntrywayHouse & Garden

Gwyneth Paltrow's BedroomHouse & Garden

Next up is the Hamptons home of Gwyneth Paltrow published in House & Garden. Overall, new clients seem to want wallpaper similar to the style pictured in what appears to be an entryway as well as the serenely modern, feminine palette. In fact, I’ve done three bedrooms sporting the same shade of hot pink seen here in daughter Apple’s room.

Diane Keaton's KitchenArchitectural Digest

Diane Keaton's Dining RoomArchitectural Digest

And then there’s Diane Keaton, just as brilliant with decoration and architecture as she is at lighting up the screen. This 8,434 square foot Spanish-Colonial Revival style mansion of hers in Beverly Hills (featured in Architectural Digest) was bought by Glee creator Ryan Murphy. This home in particular is all about honoring the period of the home while adding a bit of the unexpected and playing with scale. In my own home, both my contractor and myself have referred to these beams as inspiration for my great room ceiling. The open storage of the kitchen is often a common request for families with lots of kids. The graphic, oversized numbers are a huge hit with those who own industrial-inspired loft spaces.

Jennifer Lopez's Living RoomVeranda

Jennifer Lopez's KitchenVeranda

Designer Michelle Workman recently raised the bar on understated elegance with her design for Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony’s California home. A day or two after Veranda published a full spread, design blogs went crazy both for the palette and for the amazing black/gold stove in the kitchen. The home is colorful yet calm and soothing − quite similar to the designer herself. Currently, I’m working on a house in Atlanta inspired by the overall tone of this home.

By the way, HGTV.com’s sister site Front Door has tons of pictures of celebrity homes for sale. A safe way to indulge any star stalker tendencies you’ve repressed.

1. Fischer & Fricht says:

These are wonderful ideas for creating soothing surroundings inside. Check out our recent blog post, For Land's Sake, to learn how to make your lawn as equally as relaxing.

2. CplusE says:

I like the first home, but who is John Mayer? I also like Diane Keaton's colorful former abode, but the other two not so much. To each his/her own, I guess!

• Anna@HGTV says:

John Mayer's a musician/singer/songwriter: <a href="http://www.johnmayer.com” target=”_blank”>www.johnmayer.com. Jennifer Lopez's place is too perfect for me. I would never feel comfortable in that space. Add more feminine touches, and I'd move into John Mayer's space.

3. Kayla@HGTV says:

My favorite home is definitely Diane Keaton's, but I love the soothing color palette of Michelle Workman's design and the sophisticated and simplistic feel of John Mayer's home. Can I have them all?

4. marilou says:

I like Jennifer's it is ELEGANT!

5. Debra Lopez says:

I enjoy relaxing outside on my small deck, that's next to an orange tree. On the deck, there's pretty pots of colorful gerber daisies, a Bird bath, and a small comfortable red directors chair. I especially like to watch the blue jays bathe. I also have a view of a beautiful redwood tree that creates a wonder breeze on warm day's. In the evening I sit on my deck and watch the moon and stars. It's not a fancy deck , but it surrounded by the beauty of nature, and the sounds of the birds singing brings peace to my spirit.

6. xucrystal2011 says:

It is so beautiful and I am interested in it ,but I know little about it
    <a style="border: medium none; color: inherit; text-decoration: none; font-weight: inherit; cursor: text;" rel="dofollow" title="Hogan Progetto" href="http://www.scarpahogan.com">Hogan Progetto

7. kim says:

I'm so in love with Diane Keaton's Beverly Hills home! ohhhh…I would want to have a house like that! I adore its Spanish-Colonial Revival style! It seems that the Realtor Michael Libow helped her to find this beautiful mansion. thanks for this lovely post, Brian!

8. Dave says:

This is a brilliant post, there’s some really good design ideas here so thanks a lot for sharing. I’m looking to sell my house at the moment and when I got a house valuation, I was told that I needed to improve the interior decor to hopefully get a smoother sale. Thanks for sharing.

9. Design Logo says:

Really you have done great job,There are may person searching about that now they will find enough resources by your post.I like this blog.

10. Katrina112 says:

Such a wonderful interior decorating. I love the pink bed since I love the color pink and it can attract my attention. The place where the living room is set is also nice because you can see the wide view outside.VZ 58