I just realized that I’ve never shared our front door with you, which is a complete crime, because it’s adorable. Seriously. Take a look:

HGTV Design Happens - Erin Loechner - Yellow Front Door

Yellow tulips, my favorite, are often found on our doorstep.

Because the rest of our home’s exterior is fairly subdued, a bright pop of color was in order (remember when we first painted it?) And the modern finishes up the glam factor.

And, of course, because I love a hefty dose of personality in my space, we installed a glass frosted decal to the sidelight. Here’s a closeup…

HGTV Design Happens - Erin Loechner - Yellow Front Door

Surprise! (Please pardon that renovation dust on our window.)

With a custom steel number plate found on eBay and a super fancy entryway keypad (which runs around $150, but are so worth it!), the look is cheerful, modern and welcoming.

HGTV Design Happens - Erin Loechner - Yellow Front Door

Come on in!

Next project for our sweet little curb? We’ll be painting the brick white, installing a modern pergola and crafting white window boxes to hold plenty of yellow tulips. Are you sensing a trend here?

HGTV Design Happens - Erin Loechner - Yellow Front Door

Red brick be gone...

Until then, our bright front door will be welcoming guests with open arms! Happy summer!

1. Wreath For Doors says:

I love the color of the front door its very inviting. Makes me want to change the color of my own door which is white lol. I am sure you receive many comments from your guests when they enter your home. To me it looks a little naked though, I think it would look complete with a front door wreath or swag. Just a thought.

2. liz says:

I like the yellow door idea. i have a white house with med/light gray shutters, Would yellow work? I was thinking of maybe eggplant?

3. Anna says:

Gorgeous! Really wonderful and welcoming :) . I was wondering if you could tell us the brand of your door handle? We stuck in something from Lowe's so we could pass inspection, but would love to replace it in the future and yours is just right!

4. Rose says:

WE are so inspired by your series. We are in the market for a new home and just love your out of the box thinking. Where can I find the hello decal??

5. gramm26 says:

Hello everyone!
    I've just repainted my living room. My front entry door opens directly in to the living room, and needs to be replaced. I want to get a painted finish to match our exterior trim work (either a medium gray or black). My question is, what color should the interior side of the door be painted? Also, I use oil rubbed bronze fixtures, door handles on the interior spaces b ut my exterior has brushed nickel. What finish handleset should I use on the entry door?

6. patty ricketts says:

just painted my back door this color yellow and want to paint my front door the same color windo boxes and shutters are hunter green on a red brick house any idea what this might look like, i am not quite sure yet whether the back door looks right or not.

7. alcioladon says:

Very good !!!!!.

8. Online Wreaths says:

I never thought that I would like a yellow front door or to be matter of fact considered one but I can say I really like it. I think that it would be interesting to see how some decor or a Wreath would look on it. Especially the spring colors.