It’s that time of year when you want to do everything outdoors: eat, relax and of course, entertain. I don’t know about you, but my patio set looks a bit ragged from all the dinners and late nights last year. If you’re like me, you’ll love this month’s giveaway: an All-Weather Wicker Conversation Set from online home decor and furniture retailer hayneedle.com.

Hayneedle.com Patio Set - Hayneedle.com – find everything home

Palazetto Arbor All Weather Conversation Set

This patio furniture set is everything you need to move your living room outside: a loveseat, two chairs, a coffee table and an end table.  Plus, the durable canvas fabric cushions are water- and fade-resistant.

Wanna win it? Just leave a comment below this post. This month’s question: What’s your best outdoor entertaining tip or trick? (For ideas, check out our brand new outdoor entertaining guide.)

You may only comment once to be considered, and you don’t have to purchase anything to win; a purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Odds depend on total number of entries. Void where prohibited by law. Only open to legal residents of 50 U.S., D.C. or Puerto Rico, and you must be at least 18 years of age to win. All entries (comments) must be entered between 9:00 a.m. ET on May 4, 2012 and 12:00 p.m. ET on May 7, 2012. Subject to full official rules. By leaving a comment on the blog, you acknowledge your acceptance to the Official Rules. ARV of prize: $1,499.99. Sponsor: Scripps Networks, LLC, d/b/a HGTV, 9721 Sherrill Boulevard, Knoxville, TN 37932.

Freebies

1. Christina says:

I'm moving out this year so this set would look great on my new patio!! Crossing my fingers. :)

Christina

2. mydrivewaydr says:

Great friends, great family, great food, and great outdoor lighting.

3. preppywithapurpose says:

I can't say that it's a "tip", but stringing white lights (like from Christmas) around the patio just creates a great glow and feels relaxing when everything is green and blooming in the summer

4. NewHome2012 says:

Just put in an offer for my first home yesterday! Hopefully will be a first time homeowner next week! I would say my tip would be to have plenty of mosquito repellent…very unpleasant when the mosquito come around when your sitting outside. Another thing I love when entertaining outside is to have a fire pit (when its a little chilly outside). Nothing is better than being around a fire with friends/family

5. penelope winslow says:

Our patio is down stairs so we try to limit the number of trips from the kitchen by using picnic baskets and trays. Also, using decorative plastic plates and cups keep things looking fancy without the hazard of broken glass.

6. Christina S. says:

I used to avoid entertaining outside because cleaning the table and chairs was such a chore. Now I have a table cover with elastic around the edge to keep the table top clean. You can find inexpensive vinyl table top covers online in cute prints for tables of different sizes and shapes. I also bought a cover for a stack of chairs that ties down for storage over the winter months.

7. Roberta B says:

We like to use citronella to keep the bugs from bugging us. We also like to have the pond flowing softly. Nothing relaxes us more than the soft sound of flowing water.

8. Andy F says:

My hosting tip is to make sure that you enjoy yourself and are available to chat with your guests. You don't want to be the host who is so busy cooking and taking care of things that you don't get a chance to say hello. Smile and have fun.

9. orchidlady01 says:

Always have a Plan B in case the weather doesn't co-operate.

• JMorris40 says:

Yes plan B is a must… we use canopies, or tents with mesh siding to keep bugs out… we have found this helps keep the kids busy with board games and other activities when it gets to dark for hide-and-go-seek…

10. Mary W says:

Don't forget the music to set the mood. The new streaming services , your MP3 player or radio can really make a good party better. Set it and forget it!

Liz GrayLiz is a Senior Editor at HGTV.com. She lives in a midcentury tri-level that’s stuck in the ‘70s…for now. When she’s not working on remodeling projects with her boyfriend and...