Featured

It’s that time of year when you want to do everything outdoors: eat, relax and of course, entertain. I don’t know about you, but my patio set looks a bit ragged from all the dinners and late nights last year. If you’re like me, you’ll love this month’s giveaway: an All-Weather Wicker Conversation Set from online home decor and furniture retailer hayneedle.com.

Hayneedle.com Patio Set - Hayneedle.com – find everything home

Palazetto Arbor All Weather Conversation Set

This patio furniture set is everything you need to move your living room outside: a loveseat, two chairs, a coffee table and an end table.  Plus, the durable canvas fabric cushions are water- and fade-resistant.

Wanna win it? Just leave a comment below this post. This month’s question: What’s your best outdoor entertaining tip or trick? (For ideas, check out our brand new outdoor entertaining guide.)

You may only comment once to be considered, and you don’t have to purchase anything to win; a purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Odds depend on total number of entries. Void where prohibited by law. Only open to legal residents of 50 U.S., D.C. or Puerto Rico, and you must be at least 18 years of age to win. All entries (comments) must be entered between 9:00 a.m. ET on May 4, 2012 and 12:00 p.m. ET on May 7, 2012. Subject to full official rules. By leaving a comment on the blog, you acknowledge your acceptance to the Official Rules. ARV of prize: $1,499.99. Sponsor: Scripps Networks, LLC, d/b/a HGTV, 9721 Sherrill Boulevard, Knoxville, TN 37932.

Freebies

1. Deborah says:

We added a flat screen TV outside – this would go perfect with this beautiful wicker set !

2. Trina says:

My best outdoor entertaining tip is to make the outdoors feel like the indoors. The furniture has to be nice and arranged in conversation areas. You can use outdoor rugs to define some of your conversation areas. Make sure that each seat is comfortable and has a great view of garden flowers or decor. Use real plates and silverware rather than paper and plastic to make your event feel luxurious. Have different kinds of lighting for the evening, even if you have to bring some lamps outside. And keep some beautiful throws handy so that when the evening chill comes you can keep the party outside. There is nothing like entertaining outdoors with the sky as your ceiling and the your garden as your walls. Enjoy!

3. Dan says:

If your guess are bring dogs over, place bags around for when nature happens.

4. Tracy says:

Lots of beautiful flowers. Why be outside if you're not going to enjoy the wonderful colors that abound during spring/summer?

5. Janice says:

I have always been a grab-whatever-chairs-you-have or rock or log to sit-on person. But, I sure would love this beautiful set! I am working toward building my first-ever home and once it is up and the deck on, no more rocks and logs for seats for my guests. When entertaining outdoors my main focus are guests, sweets, and lemonade (only serve non-alcoholic beverages). Keep it nice for everyone.
    Praying.
    PS: There are some great tips on your link. http://adventurebuilding.blogspot.com/

6. My tip is to make sure the yard is free of bugs that would drive people inside or away. Comfortable seating, dining and relaxation items bring people outside & entice them to stay.

7. austcase says:

Beautiful furniture! As a first time homebuyer, this set is a dream!

8. Corrie says:

My best tip is to make your outside space serve more than 1 function. I lament the fact that I live in a townhouse with a little concrete patio but it is enough to serve as a reading nook and a place to eat for a family of four. Outside has become my meditation station, where I grade papers, and a place to enjoy a nice meal but it would be better if I had this set!! Right now I drag kitchen chairs and a table from inside outside. It works and I fully believe in embracing what you have but I am looking for a better solution. Either way. I love being outdoors!

9. Heather S. says:

My best tip is to keep the food inside to keep the bugs away, but is still accessible to guests. Plus it keeps he ice from melting too quickly and food getting warm when it shouldnt be.

10. cpreynolds says:

We had guests over for Cinco de Mayo. I had the fountain on, soft music and white rope lights around my deck. It was a lovely evening. If it was cool, I would have fired up the chimenea with pinon wood.

Would love to have this set to finish off the area. Thanks.

Liz GrayLiz is a Senior Editor at HGTV.com. She lives in a midcentury tri-level that’s stuck in the ‘70s…for now. When she’s not working on remodeling projects with her boyfriend and...

• To coordinate with the classy dining space adjacent to the

• This New York couple needed to turn a portion of their

• The playful breakfast nook is packed with vibrant hues and

• This colorful family room features windows dressed with