The official first day of summer is mere weeks away. Temperatures are heating up across the country. And the sun doesn’t set now until after dinner. It’s time to celebrate life outdoors. To get our Design Happens readers ready for the season of barbecue get-togethers, graduation parties and three-day holiday weekends, we’re giving away awesome outdoor furniture and decor from Frontgate every Friday in May.

Frontgate Copper Fire Pit

Since many parts of the nation are still experiencing chilly evening temps, this week’s giveaway is a copper fire pit. Copper is one of the absolute best conductors of heat, making this one of the best fire pits on the market. We want you to take one home! Just leave us a comment before 12/11c on Monday, May 9th to be entered into the random drawing.

This week’s question: What stylish additions help make your outdoor space party ready? Tiki torches, colorful outdoor pillows, hurricane lamps, fun outdoor dinnerware?

Click for official rules.

Entertaining, Freebies

1. Tracy Wanatowicz says:

I have a 560-square foot deck, seating for 11, candles, tiki torches, a hammock, and string lights in the trees. My current chiminea adds ambiance but does not radiate much heat. I'm planning to replace the current patio block pad on which my chiminea sits with brick pacers. A new fire pit would be a great addition.

2. Stephanie B. says:

Ok I love this. I don't have any clever or particularly meaningful reason why I should have it, except that it's gorgeous and warm and I absolutely love it. This could even help me get over my pyrophobia!

3. Shelly Hoffman says:

This would look so good in my backyard! : D

4. Kristine Johnson Lan says:

This firepit and my wonderful friends = great summer nights!!

5. Lisa D Stimson says:

awesome fire pit would be great for entertaining on cool nights.

6. CMorgan says:

Would love to add a fire pit to my patio!

7. Emma says:

That pit is awesome. It would be a great addition to our deck. I love to use tiki torches and tropical plants.

8. wilsonjr8 says:

We just moved into a new house and laid a beautiful patio but its sits empty right now with nothing but a potted planter of petunias. I would love to add furniture and a gorgeous firepit like the one from Frontgate. It would make the perfect getaway outside.

9. Deb Watson says:

What a gorgeous fire pit! I think that using all of the suggested items make a party atmosphere! And the addition of this magnificent fire pit only adds to that atmosphere! Would love to add this to my outdoor terrace!

10. Shanna Yonke says:

We have a colorful outdoor rug and cushions to enhance our patio. But it still gets a little cold on early spring nights in MN — the copper fire pit would be a welcome addition!