The official first day of summer is mere weeks away. Temperatures are heating up across the country. And the sun doesn’t set now until after dinner. It’s time to celebrate life outdoors. To get our Design Happens readers ready for the season of barbecue get-togethers, graduation parties and three-day holiday weekends, we’re giving away awesome outdoor furniture and decor from Frontgate every Friday in May.

Frontgate Copper Fire Pit

Since many parts of the nation are still experiencing chilly evening temps, this week’s giveaway is a copper fire pit. Copper is one of the absolute best conductors of heat, making this one of the best fire pits on the market. We want you to take one home! Just leave us a comment before 12/11c on Monday, May 9th to be entered into the random drawing.

This week’s question: What stylish additions help make your outdoor space party ready? Tiki torches, colorful outdoor pillows, hurricane lamps, fun outdoor dinnerware?

Click for official rules.

Entertaining, Freebies

1. bowlingirl77503 says:

My Fiance and I are currently in the process of looking for a home and this fire pit would be a perfect addition!

2. Deborah Looker says:

We just had a neighborhood Spring party and the April weather was a bit fickle–hot one day, cold and windy the next. A fire pit would have been perfect to ward off the chilly evening weather!

3. nandory says:

I LOVE throwing outdoor parties! I always start with a theme. I spray paint "yard sale" or inexpensive clay pots with coordinating colors to match my theme. I then fill them with pansies, daisies or any flowers I find on sale and I strategically place them throughout my party area. I purchase remnant pieces of coordinating material and "tie" a pillow cover over my existing outdoor pillows. I use napkins and plates that add to the theme, and I decorate my styrofoam cupcake holder with coordinating stickers. I have even spray painted my wicker chairs a few times in matching colors.
    For example for a Mexican theme: bold red, blue, yellow and orange pots; brightly colored pillow-covers; and red wicker chairs. I have also created my own banners that I string across the patio area by placing napkins (folder over) on kite string. The patterns on napkins are endless!

4. stylebyladyg says:

Wow, this is so cool or hot should I say. We moved to Georgia from the UK a year ago and have been renovating our home. The decking areas definitely need some tender loving care, with seating, dining table, accessories and of course plants and tubs. It's looking pretty good. The firepit would be a focal point to the rest of the yard that still needs developing. I am in love with the design of this copper firepit!

5. strtgovr says:

House hunting and this would be fabulous on the new patio

6. Andrea says:

I think lots of plants to make the outdoor area feel like a great getaway from your daily stress.

7. Phyllis says:

A great center piece for all my quests to congregate around. This fireplace would work great!

8. Nancy says:

would love to spend my summer nights, with the kids outside playing, and me relaxing by the fire pit.

9. Jean Boice says:

I made a cheesy stone one in my back yard, it is not really nice to look at, How great would it be to have something as beautiful as this one in my back yard to look at and use. No one belives me but, all I ever watch on tv is HGTV or the news, I have no idea what else is on tv. I have learned so much off the shows and also used them in my house. Although I'm not a pro I think what I have done looks pretty cool. The best thing of it all is I enjoyed doing them. Keep inspireing me and I'll keep watching all of you. Keep up the good work. :) <3B)

10. jessica says:

would love the furniture and the fire pit

• DIY Inspiration with David Bromstad - Guest Week - HGTV

• Defend the Trend: Does Agate Decor Rock?

• A pecan rub and cider sauce give this pork roast a rich,

• Attach a wooden box to the long side of an old window and