I’m kind of obsessed with vintage vignettes. (Okay, majorly obsessed.) Apparently, so is Jeska, the creator, writer and editor of Lobster and Swan, a blog dedicated to sharing decorating ideas, daily discoveries, inspiring photos and recipes too amazing to look at when hungry.

Blog of the Month Lobster and Swan
Jeska says, “I live to make my (and hopefully your) surroundings a happier, more beautiful place by taking pleasure in the simple joys of everyday life and the theatre and wonder of some things that may be out of our reach but are delightful nevertheless.” Her blog does exactly that.

Blog of the Month Lobster and Swan Mantle Decor

I especially love blogs like Lobster and Swan that intermingle interior design, food and everyday life into one captivating read. Living what I imagine to be an idyllic, bucolic life in a house nestled in the English countryside, Jeska shares images of her vintage-inspired decor and the updates she makes with each antique and thrift store purchase. When she’s not redecorating and reviving her home with fresh flowers and decades-old collectibles, she’s exploring historic English homes, taking adventurous weekend trips and creating paper garlands and postcard sets for her Etsy shop.

Blog of the Month Lobster and Swan Interior Design

Jeska’s quaint cottage-style home is the definition of cozy. A soft, neutral color palette allows her the freedom to regularly change out the wall decor without disrupting a particular color scheme. Her dining nook seems to get the most attention with the most frequent makeovers through each changing season and burst of inspiration. My favorite? This casual, rustic setup featuring Jeska’s 12 favorite keepsakes and personal heirlooms (photo on the far left).

Blog of the Month Lobster and Swan Sweets Recipes

If you love looking at decadent, mouthwatering treats, Jeska has you covered. (I made the mistake of researching her blog in between breakfast and lunch.) What makes her sweet and savory concoctions even more amazing is the antique dishware she uses to display and photograph them on. From cake pops and lemon sherbet cookies to raspberry and meringue roulade, L&S features favorite English recipes with a modern twist that you’ll be dying to try.

And if you need your daily fix of cuteness, Jeska will have you awing over her recently-adopted kittens who make a frequent appearance in her posts. Personally, I can’t get enough of the pair snuggling together on the couch or mischievously roaming the kitchen table.

1. GINA says:

IM DISAPPOINTED IN HGTV.AT ONE TIME WE COULD LEARN HOW TO DECORATE……WE AT ONE TIME WERE ABLE TO WATCH CHRISTOPHER LOWELL AND LENETTE JENNINGS AND THEN THERE WAS THW 4 DECORATORS WHO WOULD DESIGN A ROOM THERE WAS VERN YIP FRANK.AND TWO WOMEN..WHEN CAN WE GET QUALTY SHOW AGAIN FROM HGTV

2. David R McGee says:

I was watching a show a while ago and heard "90% of backsplashes in Australia are colored glass," and I started thinking. I talked to my brother-in-law, who owns a paint and body shop, and he agreed that anything he could do on a hotrod or motorcycle, he could do on the back of thick glass. We talked about the necessary learning curve of backward glass painting. For instance, to paint flames first, then clear color with bits of metal,mica, or mother of pearl, and then the solid color, or metallic, for candy paint, perhaps pearlized. Another idea was the Art Deco stained glass designs for stylized, geometric versions of natural things, like flowers, or trees, landscapes… DoverPublications.com sell cd and book sets of royalty free designs, they also sell stencils. I can even see long airbrushed landscapes, perhaps a south seas beach in the lower part, and waves with surfers and boats in the upper half of the backsplash. Some might get glass etching kits and stencils and etch palm trees over that.

3. David R McGee says:

Continuing my ideas about glass backsplashes, instead of small or large tiles and grout lines to maintain. Lace stencils could etch a pretty design over anything painted on the back. I know some motor heads who would airbrush skulls, hotrods, vintage car pictures, and symbols. I know some people would put pictures of their collectables, or family caricatures, or favorite foods. Some people might make their kitchen follow a theme, with coordinating backsplash. A backsplash in an Italian Kitchen might have maps, or pictures of the Amalfi coast landmarks, the same for other parts of Italy. I can imagine an Ozark Hillbilly themed outdoor kitchen with smokers, cookers, prep area with a glass backsplash with airbrushed cabin, porch rockers, moonshine jugs, etc.

4. google says:

Link exchange is nothing else however it is only placing the other person’s blog link on your page at appropriate place and other person will also do same in favor of you.

5. facebook says:

It’s actually a great and useful piece of information. I am satisfied that you simply shared this helpful info with us.
    Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

6. how to make says:

I delight in, lead to I found exactly what I used to be taking a look for.
    You’ve ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you
    man. Have a great day. Bye

7. Spot on with this write-up, I actually believe
    that this site needs a great deal more attention. I’ll probably be back again to
    read through more, thanks for the information!

8. When there are bills to pay and food to buy, nothing else seems to matter.
    Such a weight loss plan holds numerous dangers including that of overworking
    the heart and preventing the body from functioning optimally.
    Bobcat Enrichment (photos are from pumpkin enrichment).

9. While it’s a branch of Previous. fm, a excellent internet site to look for via music is definitely via Turntable. fm

10. Laurie says:

I totally agree. I very seldom watch anymore. I used to rush home from work to watch Room by Room and Decorating Cents. It is all about buying homes now, very little about decorating.