I never thought I’d see the day when I could successfully shower in my own master bathroom. Hallelujah — it has arrived, and it is a glorious day indeed. (After all, you can only shower at your in-laws for so many months…)

HGTV Design Happens - designer Erin Loechner - kohler sink

Care to see our master suite?

Do you remember our master bathroom moodboard? Let me show you precisely how we fared in getting the look:

HGTV Design Happens - designer Erin Loechner - master bathroom renovation

Lookie! A driftwood mirror!

While I had no intentions of hanging a decorative driftwood mirror in our loo, I couldn’t resist adding some warmth to the area above that modern Kohler sink. After all, bathrooms can be gorgeous, too — right? And the mix of stark white, shiny chrome and warm wood is enough to make my heart sing.

At first glance, our bathroom is ready to go. But with a closer peek, you’ll see a few finishing touches that we need to conquer before giving it our seal of approval:

HGTV Design Happens - designer Erin Loechner - master bathroom renovation

Take a closer peek...

See that tiny hole in the wall underneath our stool? We still haven’t trimmed out the floorboards, although they are primed and painted in the basement downstairs. Baby steps, friends. The good news is that our radiant floor heating is working like a charm and our tootsies are very cozy indeed.

HGTV Design Happens - designer Erin Loechner - master bathroom renovation

Where the magic happens...

And, of course, the shower/sauna combo needs to be trimmed out. And we’re still sourcing a glass door for our DIY sauna. But you know? I think we’re making some serious progress, especially considering the state of our bathroom a few short months ago:

HGTV Design Happens - designer Erin Loechner - master bathroom renovation

Can you believe this was the same wall that our beautiful sink now graces?

A vast improvement, I must say. Stay tuned for more progress in the coming weeks — we’ve got a lot to share! See you next Wednesday…

Design Inspiration

1. Gail says:

SO lovely!!! Is the sauna working yet? I bet Ken can't wait to give those tired muscles of his a little steam love!!! :)

2. erin loechner says:

ha — nope, we still need to buy a sauna heater. but soon. ;)

3. Alsteve says:

That mirror is the coolest! Love your bathroom space. Looks like it is a very relaxing room :) <a href="http://www.skylarkmanor.com” target=”_blank”>www.skylarkmanor.com

4. Rob says:

That mirror frame is way-cool. :-)

5. Cassie says:

Totally looks like a spa. Love it!

6. Martha says:

I always look forward to the wednesday renovation updates! i really like that mirror, it plays off the all-white starkness very well.

7. erin loechner says:

thank you so much, friends!!! :) the mirror is from burke decor!

8. kirsey says:

LOVE the bath. Especially the sink/faucet combo. You have such great style! I recently had a customer who had a lot of splashing with that same wall mount faucet, we solved the problem by adding a fantastic glass backsplash from the sink up around the faucet. Not that you are going to have that problem, but it's a great finished look and easy fix. I agree with Martha, really like Wednesdays!

9. kgseymour says:

Wow, I love it. I would never think to put the wood with the modern white the way you did and it's just LOVELY.

10. pixelecho69 says:

Erin I like what you did with your Bathroom I love white with the wood combo.