Hey friends — remember our new partnership with Ellen? Tune in to The Ellen DeGeneres Show today to see what’s next with Ellen and HGTV’s new ultimate fantasy makeover series, HGTV’d. I can’t give anything away, but I think you’ll love it as much as you did Monday’s surprise, a $100,000 makeover for a military family. (Click the link above to see the video of Ellen telling Ryan and Crystal about their makeover — I give it a 3-hankie warning).

HGTV Design Happens - HGTV'd - The Ellen Degeneres Show
PS: Ellen also will feature something great from HGTV’d on Friday, May 20. We’ll tell you more about that, later!

1. Jeanne Balaoing says:

I loved watching Ellen surprise the military family with the HGTV'd makeover!! It was great. I need to apply! I just started working out of my house and now that I am working at home, I realize everything that needs done. My problem is I don't know how to start but am definitely willing to learn. Keep it up HGTV and Ellen.

2. fxgeorges says:

I really liked Ellen's sitcom and her HBO special ("The Beginning"), but in recent years it seemed like Ellen might be losing her comedic touch. NOT SO, I'm glad to say. Ellen fits perfectly into her new environment, because interacting with people of all kinds is exactly what she does best. Ellen is quick-witted, amiable, and often laugh-out-loud funny. She has a very distinctive style that I feared may get old after all these years, but it still feels fresh because it's authentic. Ellen deserved another chance to conquer television, and I believe she just may pull it off this time. Wayne Brady should enjoy those Emmy's while they last — there's some fierce competition in town, and it's not Sharon Osbourne.

3. patricia says:

I agree Ellen is the BEST she is a really sweet and kind hearted woman!!!!!

4. [...] We’re so excited! Today, on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Ellen’s going to reveal the incredible $100,000 makeover that she surprised a family with on Monday! [...]

5. Juliana says:

where can I find pictures of the backyard???

6. Valori says:

What went wrong? David is a great designer, but where did the $100,000 go? My heart broke for the deserving couple whose house wasn't much different from before, except for new kitchen appliances. The interior lacked the signature Bromstad pizzaz. Al l I can think of to explain it is that he needs to talk to the people ahead of time, rather than total surprise.
    The backyard was boring. Lots of beautiful stone, a tiny water feature but nothing fun, healthful or spirit enriching to do. I sure hope this makeover gets a makeover. I feel sorry for the couple and for Ellen, who had such respectful intentions.

Valori

• Gramma m j stevenson says:

I agree! And a reflecting pond at the home of toddlers? What were they thinking. Nothing to help with giving a safe place for the toddlers to play.

7. carol says:

need help, not good on puter. would love help with ellen or hgtv, need mike holmes, and all the rest, both of us are on social security, car needs to be fixed etc. dont like to complain, but feel like i am drowning here. i even lost part time job. I guess ther are people worse off……………health not good either for the both of us

8. Vicky says:

Where can i find then bedside tables/trunks David used in the master bedroom?

9. Janelle says:

I have a backyard patio that is very similar to the one on the show. I want to try the same decorating but am using a jacuzzi on the patio. I have been searching for the hanging chairs and red rugs. Please share were they came from. I think the design was absolutely breathtaking.

10. Indian tours says:

Irish nationality law included birth citizenship until the 27th Amendment was passed by referendum in 2004. The amendment was preceded by media reports of heavily pregnant women claiming political asylum, who expected that even if their application was rejected, they would be allowed to remain in the country if their new baby was a citizen