Finally a great excuse to save all your wine bottle corks: upcycling them into a bath mat.

wine cork bath mat

My tiled bathroom floor is currently devoid of a bath mat because I can’t stand the wet spots that occur on a rug after you step out of the shower. Slippery tile isn’t a great option either, so something like this cork mat is a great solution. There’s a handy-dandy tutorial on CraftyNest if you are inspired.

Design Inspiration

1. Anna@hgtv says:

Gosh…I was thinking I was going to make something like this with my collection of wine corks…but now I don't know…I love the bathmat DIY! <a href="http://www.etsy.com/listing/62675816/wine-cork-christmas-tree-ornament?ref=sr_gallery_12&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=christmas+tree+wine+cork&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade&quot; rel="nofollow"&gt <a href="http://;http://www.etsy.com/listing/62675816/wine-cork-ch…” target=”_blank”>;http://www.etsy.com/listing/62675816/wine-cork-ch

2. Barb says:

A friend and I saved wine bottles for a project she was working on, now I realize we should have saved more of the corks too! Cool idea!

3. rosieGirl2 says:

This is a great alternative to the slippery tile that is in my main bathroom. Something to think about as the bath I have is a retro to the 70s shimmery concrete/stone slab. I think this would work perfectly to drain the excess as one steps out of the shower and bath onto the floor!

4. Hic! says:

You buy the bottles of wine, I'll save all the corks for you!

5. Cindy says:

Wouldn't this mold? And no way to wash it.

6. Debra says:

This idea matches my bathroom and I think the idea was really thinking out of the box. I have had a lot of wine corks with cool printed & names on them which where really worth saving and wished I had something to save them for .I had one with a lip print which now I wish I would have saved. Thank goodness, I have your idea and a great recycle idea. Now, I just need to re-drink those ones with the cool corks!

7. a delicious cherry on top of the gorgeous bridal cake if you
    will. The hair is cut such a way that the top of the hair appears
    like a flat surface. Indian men have a clear fetish for long hair, which means there are
    so many hairstyle options for the Indian brides.

Lili ZarghamiLili is Editorial Director of HGTV.com. Her personal obsessions include looking for just the right sofa, ogling real estate listings, and reading floor-plans. She has an admitted "chair problem," collecting...

• #TBT Favorite bedrooms from HGTV Dream Homes past