You might have heard that words like ”OMG” and “party-crasher” were added to this year’s list of new words in the Oxford-English Dictionary. Now, we at HGTV have another word to add to the list: HGTV’d. Here’s the definition:

HGTV’d (v.)- 1. the act of talented HGTV designers traveling across the country in an 18-wheeler and arriving at the home of a surprised HGTV fan to give them over-the-top transformations of their home: “OMG! Did you hear that the party-crasher down the street was HGTV’d last week?”

HGTV'd Premiere - Get HGTV'd on HGTV

HGTV'd Family Room: Before & After

Tonight, pop some popcorn, invite some friends over and watch the premiere of HGTV’d at 9/8c. You’ll see dull spaces turn into wow spaces, like this now luxurious Regency-inspired family room by designer Kim Myles.

If you have a desperate space in need of a jaw-dropping makeover by an HGTV expert, enter a short video or photos for a chance to see the HGTV’d truck roll down your street and David Bromstad, Sabrina Soto, or who knows who, show up on your doorstep.

HGTV is HGTV'd

We were greeted with a surprise here at our headquarters this morning. Upon entering the building, all of the staff was officially HGTV’d with design vignettes by Bliss Home as seen in these two pics. It was a neat treat (considering we can’t enter the competition).

1. EllenD82 says:

Couldn't catch the premier, but I have another definition for "HGTV'd" (well, more of an acronym, actually): H = Hope. Hope that you pick us!! <a href="http://(http://my.hgtv.com/hgtvd/Kitchen/They-moved-in-in-1975-and-did-nothing-since/detail.esi?oid=23294386)” target=”_blank”>(http://my.hgtv.com/hgtvd/Kitchen/They-moved-in-in-1975-and-did-nothing-since/detail.esi?oid=23294386) Used to have a video in our submission, but it disappeared… G = Genevieve! She can design our kitchen! T = Transformation. That's what we need! V = Very ugly. That's what our kitchen is now! D = Design! We're open to anything new! Please pick us!

2. Kim says:

Love the show, our family hope to be on the next HGTV'D . Live in a small single family home never had a real living space for entertainment always fighting over the bathroom because there is only one in the home. We need help shout out from Homestead Florida 33032. Yes Carter can, also Candice Olson, Vern Yep, and Tanika.

3. Jazz says:

I enjoyed the HGTV'D show last night but I was sad to see the woman be so picky/ungrateful and doubtful as David did his design. For gosh sakes, she won an expensive makeover of a lousy looking (before) room!! Then all her comments were negative, pessimistic, questioning, and fear of what HGTV was going to do. She had THE EXPERTS there-where was her gratitude, manners, and trust- I did not like listening to what she had to say- did her momma not teach her humility & gratitude?!

4. Almond says:

I loved the show, as long as we get more design shows the better, although I like House Hunters, I do believe that more decorating shows will balance the real estate out.

5. NINI says:

PLEASE COME DO OVER OUR HOUSE IM 12 AND REALLY DONT THINK IT REPRESENTS US AS INDIVIDUALS.THE KITCHEN,BASEMENT,LIVING AND DINING ROOM NEED SO MUCH WORK. AND WE WOULD BE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL IF YOU CAME TO BROOKLYN TO DO OUR HOUSE. I AM A BIG FAN OF HGTV AND WOULD LOVE IF YOU GUYS COULD DO OUR HOUSE. WE HAD A FIRE AND NEED HELP.

6. Anna@HGTV says:

Remember, for a chance to get HGTV'd, submit a short video or photos here: http://my.hgtv.com/hgtvd/editupload.esi

7. Martha Dodson says:

My kitchen, my backyard could sure use your help. My husband died 2 years ago and I need help.
    I love HGTV, Vern, Candice, John, David, Emily — what wonders you work. Please transform my place.

8. mspumpum says:

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE WHAT YOU DID DAVID!!!! about time something over the top, something new and refreshing… LOVED THE YELLOW SOFA. Keep on doing it. Everything just came together beautifully. You are young and hip with ideas to match and I want to see more of it. To those that didn't like it, sorry he's not a "grandma" decorator like your used to.

9. Wayne Saunders says:

We have tried to follow directions given 'Get It Sold'. Please view results at http://theshores.willsellquick.com/ . Thanking you in advanced.

10. bon says:

candice,love your show,and all of the others. My son just found out he has cancer noe and is unable to redo there bedroom & bath,and kitchen which is a frige. stove sink and dishwasher,on 1 1/2 walls. not much. also there bath is for one person only. So if you can find it in your hearts I would love to see you all. I live with them and I am bedfast. Watch your show all the time and dream.