You might have heard that words like ”OMG” and “party-crasher” were added to this year’s list of new words in the Oxford-English Dictionary. Now, we at HGTV have another word to add to the list: HGTV’d. Here’s the definition:

HGTV’d (v.)- 1. the act of talented HGTV designers traveling across the country in an 18-wheeler and arriving at the home of a surprised HGTV fan to give them over-the-top transformations of their home: “OMG! Did you hear that the party-crasher down the street was HGTV’d last week?”

HGTV'd Premiere - Get HGTV'd on HGTV

HGTV'd Family Room: Before & After

Tonight, pop some popcorn, invite some friends over and watch the premiere of HGTV’d at 9/8c. You’ll see dull spaces turn into wow spaces, like this now luxurious Regency-inspired family room by designer Kim Myles.

If you have a desperate space in need of a jaw-dropping makeover by an HGTV expert, enter a short video or photos for a chance to see the HGTV’d truck roll down your street and David Bromstad, Sabrina Soto, or who knows who, show up on your doorstep.

HGTV is HGTV'd

We were greeted with a surprise here at our headquarters this morning. Upon entering the building, all of the staff was officially HGTV’d with design vignettes by Bliss Home as seen in these two pics. It was a neat treat (considering we can’t enter the competition).

1. grace says:

will hgtv'd redo rooms with floor damage, or is it just redesigned?

2. Kimberly Mahoney says:

I love the modern striped wall art in the coffee shop makeover. Is there any way to find out where I can get it?

3. Carolyn says:

I did do the upload of pictures for the HGTV'd show but need help in articulating what needs to be done and how to edit what is already there. How do I do that?

4. Loman Walen says:

We would love to have a kitchen makeover, ours is oudated and ugly, ugly, ugly.

5. M Friend says:

Is it to late to do a video??????

6. Tracy says:

Re. HGTVD-102H

Sabrina Soto transforms an unused space into a coffee bar and family room for family of 12. – I would love to find the candy dishes that were on the coffee bar, gold fish shaped, clear glass, Can anyone pass along where I might find these?

7. Gloria says:

As a fan of HGTV there is no program that I do not like and everytime there is a new program my heart races in the hope that it will be in my state,and I will get the surprise of my life. My house is in terrible disrepair and will keep dreaming that one day I wiil be saying Welcome to my home HGTV!

8. Natalie Doell says:

I watched an episode of a bathroom makeover today. They applied a stick-on frame to a bathroom mirror. What is the name of this product and where can it be purchased

9. Jodi White says:

Where do I start… We have our house paid off and it is need of updating. We live in Las Vegas where the price of houses has been going steadily down… We don't want to put a whole lot into our house, but we don't want it to be so out dated we can't sell when we get ready. We also have a pool that we can't sit around because there is no shade. If you are not swimming you fry! Please help!!!

10. Sabrina S says:

Finally viewed this show for the first time (1890s Victorian Great Room makeover), and I must say I feel sorry for the Fletter family… Good design takes a family's needs and the way they live into consideration. Good design also respects its context — here, a historic Victorian house, which the owners have lovingly restored, respecting its character. The modern design imposed by HGTV failed to take into account either the family's needs or the house's historical context. How can a family with two small children live without a proper kitchen or dining table?? The designer's comment that the children can just move all of their stuff elsewhere in the house reflects a fundamental misunderstanding of how families with small children live, *together*. And his wood cutout wine wall was certainly impressive, but better suited for a bar than a family home… Based on what I've seen (and unlike most other HGTV productions), this show is more a showcase for designer egos, than a real effort to design for their clients' needs.