As a new bride, I know a thing or two about bridal registries. I spent many nights putting my husbands and mine together, figuring out exactly what to request to complete our home. In addition to making sure I included items of various price ranges, I was also very particular about including pieces typically used during special occasions. That’s what I look for on other people’s registries. Something like this beautifully designed Round Avocado Pitcher by Vietri. What’s better to give a new couple than something that looks stunning displayed on a shelf, is equally appealing when filled with flowers and used as a centerpiece and is also a piece that will be admired when passed from hand to hand around a table as people refresh their water glasses. So, when I come across a 52-inch LCD flat screen, a giant movie theater popcorn machine or a bottle of wood polish on a registry, I’m completely befuddled, and, frankly, a bit irritated.

Vietra Italian Tableware

If only these clueless brides and grooms had visited Italian tableware company Vietri before they got trigger happy with the registry gun. There is absolutely nothing on their site a critical former bride like myself can talk smack about. Everything from the dinnerware to the table linens is handcrafted by master artisans in Italy and absolutely gorgeous.

Vietri’s Round Avocado Pitcher is up for grabs this Friday. Just leave us a comment before 12/11c Monday, June 13 for a chance to win.

This week, answer either of these two questions: When picking out a wedding gift, what are you always hoping will be on the registry? [OR] What have you been most shocked to see included on a bridal registry?

Click for official rules.

Accessories, Freebies

1. Sally says:

The oddest registry, I've ever seen, was at a sporting goods store. The couple wanted every thing from camping gear to ski equipment! There were no household things anywhere on the registry, and they were a young couple who didn't have much! Oh well, to each their own :)

2. Laura says:

Before I was married I was always shocked to see 'a vacuum cleaner.' It never seemed frivolous and fun enough for a newly married couple. But, after being married 16 years (and having elected to be one of the crazies who asked for one at the last minute), I can seriously say it may have been one of the best gifts ever. It was an Electrolux and has lasted like a champ. Plus it gets used every day for some mess around the house– so I never forget the folks who gave it to us.

So, what I ended up thinking was the worst registry gift ever actually ended up being the best!!!!

It may not be the most romantic gift in the world. But, it's totally practical and will get used all the time.

3. Tammy says:

Most unusual thing I've seen on a wedding registry was a worm bin. Since I'm totally into composting, I had to get the couple the worm bin along with a coupon for red worms for when they were ready to to set up their bin.

4. ATLKristen says:

Weirdest thing on a Target registry was gum and toilet paper!

5. gdschladen says:

Love the design! Interesting color.

6. vicki_in_Utah says:

Moving from Calif to Utah, I noticed there was something very unusual to me, people asked for food storage. I don't think that is the norm in other states. Even Wal Mart has food storage items, like buckets, and dehidrated food in large cans. So maybe each state has it's own wierd thing.

7. Rosalee says:

I have not seen anything unusual. Too bad!

8. Kathy says:

Love the pitcher!! The one thing I like to find on a registry is a picture frame. I love when people have family pictures on display. Times have changed, and things that once were unusual are not shocking anymore. I thought it was strange when I first saw tools and camping equipment on the registry, but as long as it's something that they need to get their life started, I'm all for it.

9. anne says:

I haven't seen anything unusual I'm just amazed at the big ticket items. My favorite thing to get is luxurious bath towels.

10. Susan says:

Beautiful pitcher!!!!! Any bride would love this.

• The highlight of this bathroom are the two antique Moroccan

• The rattan furniture in this neutral dining room instantly

• Careful and considerate modifications were gently made to

• This space was designed to bestow a lush, tropical