As a new bride, I know a thing or two about bridal registries. I spent many nights putting my husbands and mine together, figuring out exactly what to request to complete our home. In addition to making sure I included items of various price ranges, I was also very particular about including pieces typically used during special occasions. That’s what I look for on other people’s registries. Something like this beautifully designed Round Avocado Pitcher by Vietri. What’s better to give a new couple than something that looks stunning displayed on a shelf, is equally appealing when filled with flowers and used as a centerpiece and is also a piece that will be admired when passed from hand to hand around a table as people refresh their water glasses. So, when I come across a 52-inch LCD flat screen, a giant movie theater popcorn machine or a bottle of wood polish on a registry, I’m completely befuddled, and, frankly, a bit irritated.

Vietra Italian Tableware

If only these clueless brides and grooms had visited Italian tableware company Vietri before they got trigger happy with the registry gun. There is absolutely nothing on their site a critical former bride like myself can talk smack about. Everything from the dinnerware to the table linens is handcrafted by master artisans in Italy and absolutely gorgeous.

Vietri’s Round Avocado Pitcher is up for grabs this Friday. Just leave us a comment before 12/11c Monday, June 13 for a chance to win.

This week, answer either of these two questions: When picking out a wedding gift, what are you always hoping will be on the registry? [OR] What have you been most shocked to see included on a bridal registry?

Click for official rules.

Accessories, Freebies

1. Ron Miller says:

Ya know something… I've never ever, in my life, even looked at anyone's Bridal Registry

2. Maria says:

Love this I am a fan of all things Tuscany

3. Emily Castagnetta says:

I really don't look for anything in particular on a registry. I just hope that there is something on it that I can afford since I have an extremely large family. :) Love this pitcher!

4. Sue Stayton says:

I absolutely LOVE this pitcher. It would look perfect with any color tableware giving just the right pop of color. Wonderful!!!

5. @kgereg says:

I was shocked to see moving boxes, packing styrofoam, and packing tape on their registry list. Oh! and they also wanted a parrot…strange couple.

6. Joanne says:

I saw $750 salt and pepper shakers once. Very nice, but I settled on something else!

7. Hydie says:

When choosing a gift from the registry, I look for items that represent the couples nationality, such as this beautiful picture. I love the connection and ties people have to keep traditions from the countries their ancestors came to America from. My Nonna (grandmother) gave me a tablecloth which was my great-grandmothers which I cherish to this day.

8. Heather says:

Adding things you'll actually use most days – especially with a future family in mind – is a great way to approach a registry. Beautiful things can be included in homes with children, they just have to be well made and a bit more durable. Also, choose what you really love, not what is currently trendy.

One of the best gifts I received at my wedding shower was a staple gun. Everyone thought it had been chosen by my husband, but when I opened it, I was excited and said I couldn't wait to start upholstering. Sometimes the simplest things are the most appreciated.

9. Shannon says:

We just attended wedding that had four cans of spam on the gift registry! I hope it was a joke:)

10. cryb says:

My future husband added goldfish crackers to our registry without my knowledge

• Paired with white and pink, steel blue looks more grown-up

• Paired with soft gray grasscloth, creamy white bedding and

• Designer Anastasia Faiella used triangular tiles in brown,

• Lacquered blue cabinets and a mirrored backsplash make this