- Would your dad rather be fishing, hiking or camping?
- Does your father easily identify every bug or leaf he comes across?
- Would you use any of the following to describe your dad? Outdoorsy, woodsy, adventure seeking?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, why not make your nature-loving dad a cool, rustic Father’s Day present? Here are three of our favorite projects:
- If going for a walk with your dad means time spent picking up seashells, acorn caps or pebbles, then the Aged Tin Trinket Box will be right up his alley. This keepsake is perfect for displaying tiny animal fossils and the like.
- For the geologist-at-heart, the Dad Rocks Paperweight from Shelterness might just be his fit. Kids who are eager to help in the kitchen will love making and baking this dough-based craft. Once “Dad Rocks” is spelled out on the home-made stone, the oven does the rest of the work.
- This Rustic Wood Frame is a great way to remind dad of all the fun you have on adventures together. Moms, when you’re helping the kids make this one, turn the hunt for quality twigs into an adventure in your backyard or local park. But once everyone’s back inside, the kids might need help using the glue gun.
Would your nature-loving dad or husband enjoy receiving one of these crafts as a present? Or do you have other suggestions for rugged handmade gifts perfect for Father’s Day? We’d love to hear about what you’re making.
Let us know in the comment area below.