June is prime wedding season. The long days, luxurious garden blooms and glorious weather lend themselves celebrating a marriage outdoors.

handmade string lanterns

Whether you’re getting married or attending a wedding this month or not, you can borrow from some of the lovely decor of outdoor fêtes for your home. These handmade string chandeliers make ideal ethereal decorations hung from trees, on your porch, or around your yard. You’ll be surprised just how easy the DIY instruction from Ruffled are.

1. Hi Lili,

I have been wondering for a while how I can make those myself. Great timing because I am just redoing my entire house!! Those come in great for our elegant guest room, they are so playful and just amazing,

Just checked out the Ruffled blog, nice finds,

Franziska San Pedro

The Abstract Impressionist Artress

2. Laura says:

We made a singular yarn chandelier for one of our inspiration shoots this spring- and LOVED how it turned out. We strung a lightbulb through it, and it illuminated the room brilliantly.

Super easy & inexpensive for a great effect!

3. Anna says:

Words cannot describe how much I love these! I'm picturing doing them in sets for the holidays…red, pink for Valentine's day; orange, black for Halloween…so easy to swap out!

4. Karli_HGTV says:

Simply stunning!

5. mls says:

Use balloons. Blow them up . Use white glue and dip sting into glue. then wrap around balloons. When string is dry. Pop ballons and remove them and any excess glue.

6. Anna@HGTV says:

Excellent suggestion! I wonder how it would look with a black light in a white string pendant. Or one of those rose colored bulbs.

7. Anna@HGTV says:

Isn't wild? What's old is new again.

8. SOCIALEUM says:

A good Trick for getting more facebook

fans.A big graphic with a “click the like button” would help too.