Anyone who works in the interior design industry would agree that it’s so cool to have a job where, on any given day, the big topic of discussion might be whether bees are the new birds or octopi are the new owls. At HGTV, we’ve been talking a lot lately about furry, feathered and scaled creatures, as have some of our favorite bloggers. So, if you’re into the animal decor trend as much as we are, then you’ll love this collection of what we’ve seen popping up on Design Mom, Oh Joy! and more.

H&M Woodland Creatures Pillows

Gold Elephants Decor

Oh Joy! :: High Street Market Vintage Brass Elephants

Able Lion Print

Grain Edit :: Caesar “The Friendly Lion” Print

French Industrial Cheese Crates

Design for Mankind :: French Industrial Mouse Crates

Have you come across any cool animal decor ideas on the blogs you follow or written about your own discoveries on your blog? We’d love to hear about it.

Tell us in the comment area below.

1. Anna@HGTV says:

I love those H&M pillows! And I would love to use the lion poster and gold elephants in a kid's bedroom!

2. Kayla@HGTV says:

I love those bottle stoppers!

3. Maureen says:

Not liking the Jackelope…would give me nightmares! The rest is beautiful.

• Kayla@HGTV says:

Maureen – Could you imagine waking up in the middle of the night and running into the Jackelope? Yikes!

• Hilary_HGTV says:

Maureen, I know it's strange, but for some reason I love that Jackelope. Although, I would definitely put it somewhere I'd never have to worry about it surprising me! Haha

4. I've been seeing bumble bee motif and images on fabrics and decor lately which I really like. I guess this is a transition from the ever popular dragonfly and butterfly typically used. I suppose I prefer flying creatures (birds and bugs) when it comes to images and prints. However, aquatic life (Nautical) is another favorite that is easy to implement in room design.

• Hilary_HGTV says:

I have to admit frugalinterior, the bumble bee motif is one of my favorites. I'm so happy it's finally appearing in stores.

5. CplusE says:

I admit it, I'm a sucker for animal decor! Those Jonathan Adler bottle stoppers are killer! After Hilary Johnson's starfish decor post the other day I decided to investigate woodland animal decor — you might enjoy this one:

Even a big bad bear looks adorable when it's asleep!

• Hilary_HGTV says:

CplusE, that sleeping bear bean bag might scare the pants off my friends if they saw it my yard. Belated April Fools anyone?

6. Mao says:

Nice work enjoy what you needed to say