If you’re a Harry Potter fan, are related to an HP fan or are friends with one, you’ve no doubt heard about J.K. Rowling’s exciting announcement this morning. The author has partnered with SONY to create Pottermore, an interactive, partially user-generated, free-to-use Harry Potter community and “online reading experience” launching this October. While you won’t learn much about the site’s content in J.K. Rowling’s announcement video (although the animated book pages are charming and should not be missed), outside sources promise that through Pottermore “the storylines will be brought to life with sumptuous newly-commissioned illustrations and interactive ‘moments’ through which you can navigate.” So now, we wait for the Beta to launch July 31st, shortly after the final film installment, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two. In the meantime, check out some magical designs inspired by the wizarding world of Harry Potter.

Harry Potter Wedding

Olde-tyme curiosity shoppe charm, tea-stained book pages and well-worn metallics come together in this Harry Potter wedding inspiration board from Oh, Hello Friend.

Harry Potter Rooms

This hazy, antiquated dining room from {this is glamorous} has a neglected charm reminiscent of  the secret headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix.

Harry Potter Poster

Etsy seller smillesandsquiggles encourages us to be more like our favorite Gryffindor House student in trying times.

Harry Potter Room

Throw some mewing kitten plates on the wall and Dolores Umbridge would be right at home in this pink palace by Shelly Reihl David featured on HGTV’s Designers’ Portfolio.

Harry Potter Rooms

Potions master Severus Snape could store plenty of elixirs in these IKEA cabinets, courtesy of The Steampunk Home. He’d have even the most reluctant student “bottling fame, brewing glory and even putting a stopper to death” in no time.

Harry Potter Poison Labels

Wouldn’t these poison labels from Etsy seller damnfrenchdesserts be perfect for a Harry Potter  party? I hear laudanum tinctures are the best.

What do you think? Are you a big enough Harry Potter nerd to decorate your house in some of these whimsically dark designs?

Tell us in the comments below.

1. Karli_HGTV says:

I pulled a lot of inspiration from Oh, Hello Friend's Harry Potter inspiration boards when planning my own wedding! Call me a nerd!

2. Kayla@HGTV says:

Karli – I'm going to embarrass myself by admitting this, but I have a glow-in-the-dark Harry Potter t-shirt that I wear to the premiers (yes.) and a Gryffindor scarf with the official school emblem.

• Karli_HGTV says:

Not embarrassing at all! I had a Gryffindor t-shirt. I'm pretty sure my friend borrowed it and never gave it back though.

3. Meg C says:

Karli, This is the coolest thing ever!!!! We need to go to Harry Potter world sometime soon!

4. Love it! I've read the books numerous times over. I want to live at the Hogwarts school and have the entire castle at my disposal. Can you say "design challenge?" :o

• Karli_HGTV says:

Now, THAT would be a must-see design show! A lot of the castle scenes in the films were filmed at Oxford University. Sounds like a great vacation for you!

What do you think you Room of Requirement would have in it? Would it be a fabulous interiors shop for your to decorate the rest of Hogwarts?

• frugalinterior says:

You know, I thought of that room when I was making my initial post. I think I like your idea best. You'd never have to run out to find the perfect piece of furniture or artwork. It would just appear. The nice thing is, I could also walk into it and have it transform from the "interiors shop" to any designed room I could imagine without having to pick up so much as a paintbrush or roller. Now that would be ideal! :D

5. joss stone says:

OMG this is the best room ever would LOVE to live in it!!!!!!!

6. Gray says:

My fiance and I WILL have a HP themed (really it's more a fairy tale themed) house when we build our house. We're going to build a storybook style cottage and the rooms will each play on signatures and influences of each character. :) I am still designing the floor plan now, but when we get to that point….IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME!

7. [...] you already given a room in your home an HP style makeover? (Karli included awesome photos in her Harry Potter design post about the soon-to-come, interactive reading site Pottermore.) Here at HGTV, there are a number of [...]

8. Anna says:

I love it :D I cried after watching part 2. Once I get my own room this August, Im doing a Harry potter themed room even if im turning 20. My parents never let me decroate my room Harry Potter style when I was ten :( Now that I have a job, I can finally get lots of stuff for my room. Can't wait

9. It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! I’d certainly donate to this outstanding blog! I guess for now i’ll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to brand new updates and will share this site with my Facebook group. Talk soon!