Some people ask for a new car or a trip to Europe upon receiving their college degrees, but I asked for a composter. You think I’m kidding for the sake of editorial humor? Well, this blogger would never tell a lie. I asked my significant other to get me a composter I’d seen at the local hardware store, and he presented me with my very own plant-food-maker at my graduation party. While my friends were backpacking through the Alps, I was making nutrient-rich plant food by composting my kitchen scraps.

Compost Tumbler

While I do love my composter, I’m wishing I had shopped around a little because the Jora Jk125 Composter available at Eartheasy is the Cadillac of compost tumblers. It’s two chambers keep fresh scraps separated from finished compost. No more waiting for your huge pile of compost to cook when you have plants that need some fertilizer this week. Our green thumb Design Happens readers know exactly what I’m talking about.

To be entered into the random drawing for this state-of-the-art compost tumbler, leave us a comment before 12/11c Monday, June 27.

This week’s question: What home and garden product is on your wish list right now? I’m always hinting that someone should buy me a cedar potting bench.

Tell us in the comments below.

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. valori says:

I would really like to get my husband a composter. Our backyard faces a walking trail and all our neighbors can see into it. Right now they are seeing the set for "Holes"; he has had our three boys out there digging holes for the compost. There are holes and piles of dirt EVERYWHERE. Please save me.

2. John Beidleman says:

Much more efficient than the Crocket's Victory Garden one I made years ago

3. Green B says:

I would like to get some soil conditioning product. The product adds beneficial bacteria to the soil and helps improve garden yields!

4. Larissa says:

I would absolutely love to get some cedar fencing to put around our garden. We have some small critters that are getting into the garden and I would like a pretty way to keep those guys out!

5. cecily says:

cushions for the benches my husband and i just built!

6. Ashley says:

I can't wait to remove a weird area of grass in an odd place for my hub to have to mow, lay some flat stone, and create an outdoor seating area in the front of our home. I can think of a great place for the grass we remove :)

7. Lori says:

A good composter is actually what has been on my list for quite some time now.

8. Susan W says:

I have wanted a potting bench for as long as I can remember. I get so tired of having to work on the ground with a garden hose. Plus, I am all for ambience, and the RIGHT potting bench would do SO much for my garden look.

9. Jeremy says:

not sure if this counts, but I've been wanting to get a hammock to hang from my trees! :)

10. pamelaslist.com says:

I could use a dozen of these on my South Florida property :)