Some people ask for a new car or a trip to Europe upon receiving their college degrees, but I asked for a composter. You think I’m kidding for the sake of editorial humor? Well, this blogger would never tell a lie. I asked my significant other to get me a composter I’d seen at the local hardware store, and he presented me with my very own plant-food-maker at my graduation party. While my friends were backpacking through the Alps, I was making nutrient-rich plant food by composting my kitchen scraps.

Compost Tumbler

While I do love my composter, I’m wishing I had shopped around a little because the Jora Jk125 Composter available at Eartheasy is the Cadillac of compost tumblers. It’s two chambers keep fresh scraps separated from finished compost. No more waiting for your huge pile of compost to cook when you have plants that need some fertilizer this week. Our green thumb Design Happens readers know exactly what I’m talking about.

To be entered into the random drawing for this state-of-the-art compost tumbler, leave us a comment before 12/11c Monday, June 27.

This week’s question: What home and garden product is on your wish list right now? I’m always hinting that someone should buy me a cedar potting bench.

Tell us in the comments below.

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Andria says:

I need to plant some drought-resistant plants. I in Texas (Howdy, y'all!) and right now, everything is nice and crispy. All my annuals and perennials died a slow agonizing death weeks ago. Unless it's drought-resistant, it's doomed around here, considering the combined 100-something degree scorching heat and water conservation that's going on right now. In fact, my watering time mandated by the city is at 1 am. I have a baby that is FINALLY sleeping through the night. Ya think I'm gonna fore-go those precious hours to wake up and water? No way!

2. Char in West CenLA says:

Really! A composter and a potting bench are on my wish list. The composter would certainly help the soil out in the piney woods of Louisiana

3. flummel says:

I am lusting for a food dehydrator!

4. Tali B. says:

a buttercream yellow kitchenaid! But this composter will absolutely do!

5. 2blackcat says:

It's no joke that a tumbling composter has been at the top of my wish list! Right now I throw food scraps into a pile that neighborhood critters get into. Then a new BBQ – it is my second summer without one and I really miss firing up the grill…

6. @buckeye614 says:

I don't know if this is considered a garden product but i would really love to have a outdoor pop up canopy that way i can garden in the shade and the only thing would be turning red would be my tomatoes and not my skin

7. SandyLA says:

My little composter is not working well, so my first wish would be for a composter like the one I
    see above. The second widh would be for an outdoor potting bench so I could tend to the pots
    I have around the back. I love HGTV and am addicted I am afraid to say
    My family thinks I am crazy – but I know a good thing when I see it!^_^

8. simplydab says:

I want to build some planter boxes for my deck. I'm expanding my container gardening but I'd like some larger (and more attractive) containers :)

9. peg5 says:

a retractable shade would be wonderful for our cement pad area (we don't have a deck). Thanks for asking.

10. Lori says:

On our home and garden wish list right now is a reel mower. No gas, no electricity, just a plain ol' human powered mower. Last year we moved from Florida where we had a really flat yard, to Pittsburgh where half our yard is a steep hill. A reel mower would be so much easier to maneuver on the hillside but alas a lack of extra cash needed to buy one is lacking.

• Make an All-White Room Feel Warm + Inviting

• The highlight of this bathroom are the two antique Moroccan

• The rattan furniture in this neutral dining room instantly

• Careful and considerate modifications were gently made to