Some people ask for a new car or a trip to Europe upon receiving their college degrees, but I asked for a composter. You think I’m kidding for the sake of editorial humor? Well, this blogger would never tell a lie. I asked my significant other to get me a composter I’d seen at the local hardware store, and he presented me with my very own plant-food-maker at my graduation party. While my friends were backpacking through the Alps, I was making nutrient-rich plant food by composting my kitchen scraps.

Compost Tumbler

While I do love my composter, I’m wishing I had shopped around a little because the Jora Jk125 Composter available at Eartheasy is the Cadillac of compost tumblers. It’s two chambers keep fresh scraps separated from finished compost. No more waiting for your huge pile of compost to cook when you have plants that need some fertilizer this week. Our green thumb Design Happens readers know exactly what I’m talking about.

To be entered into the random drawing for this state-of-the-art compost tumbler, leave us a comment before 12/11c Monday, June 27.

This week’s question: What home and garden product is on your wish list right now? I’m always hinting that someone should buy me a cedar potting bench.

Tell us in the comments below.

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. JLHUDDLE2011 says:

I would love a new composter! I have recently planted several new flowers and bushes. The homemade fertilizer would be greatly appreciated.

2. millie42 says:

I would love a composter! I've been trying to compost for a while and this would be just perfect.

3. Emily says:

Actually a composter is on my list!! I have a small counter top one that I used for awhile but once I put it outside a pile just wasn't good enough. There wasn't an easy way to stir it. I would looove to have this next to my shed so that I could put some of the nutrients back into the ground. Every time I throw away egg shells or fruit rinds I wish I had somewhere to put it other than the trash:(

4. Aaron says:

I haven't ever owned one of these mowers, but due to the steep hill in my lawn and the cumbersome/gas guzzling mower I just had repaired, I want to get a nice Reel Mower. It's Eco-friendly and is better for you grass, but I just want something easier to handle.

5. Anna Reece says:

I'm in great need of an outdoor shower, as i live near a lake and my Siberian Husky goes swimming almost everyday (although they are not supposed to like water, mine LOVES it). Unfortunately with her thick fur coat she never quite dries and she smells awful all summer long.

6. Stacey says:

Really want dirt for that second garden in the back alley!

7. [...] reading the comments left in our June 24th giveawaywith Eartheasy, it’s safe to say that most gardeners have the same things on their wish lists: [...]

8. Casey Wright says:

I have been wanting a composter and rain barrel for so long. Those are the top things on my wish list!

9. Deborah Barber says:

Soil for a raised bed, a potting bench and I'd love a compost tumbler.

10. Cindy says:

Now this is something I cannot live without. Have tried red wigglers in a metal compost can,burying my kitchen scraps in the soil,( have no garbage disposal, thank goodness) and am working on making rain barrels in my city , but this charming little dual composter is the creme d la creme of going green.

• As seen on HGTV's "Property Brothers At Home"

• As seen on HGTV's "Property Brothers At Home"

• As seen on HGTV's "Property Brothers At Home"

• As seen on HGTV's "Property Brothers At Home"