Some people ask for a new car or a trip to Europe upon receiving their college degrees, but I asked for a composter. You think I’m kidding for the sake of editorial humor? Well, this blogger would never tell a lie. I asked my significant other to get me a composter I’d seen at the local hardware store, and he presented me with my very own plant-food-maker at my graduation party. While my friends were backpacking through the Alps, I was making nutrient-rich plant food by composting my kitchen scraps.

Compost Tumbler

While I do love my composter, I’m wishing I had shopped around a little because the Jora Jk125 Composter available at Eartheasy is the Cadillac of compost tumblers. It’s two chambers keep fresh scraps separated from finished compost. No more waiting for your huge pile of compost to cook when you have plants that need some fertilizer this week. Our green thumb Design Happens readers know exactly what I’m talking about.

To be entered into the random drawing for this state-of-the-art compost tumbler, leave us a comment before 12/11c Monday, June 27.

This week’s question: What home and garden product is on your wish list right now? I’m always hinting that someone should buy me a cedar potting bench.

Tell us in the comments below.

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Aliesha says:

I would simply love TIME to plant my garden this year! And sunshine!

2. @jhaars says:

We have also been wanting a composter. My husband fashioned one out of old palettes and it is an eyesore!

3. Ron Miller says:

Composter!!

4. Ming says:

I would love to have some wrought Iron garden fencing to place at the corners of my flower garden just to 'dress them up' but this composter would be great to help with both my flower beds AND my veggies!

5. Heidi K says:

The thing I would like most right now is a comfy hammock to put between these two perfect trees in our backyard. I'd love to read in the shade and spend even more relaxing time outside this summer and fall!

6. Leigh D. says:

French drains or something to resolve drainage issues in small backyard

7. Earth Girl says:

I'd love a small greenhouse or even a cold frame. And I need another composter to supplement the DIY composter that my husband made out of 55 gallon barrel.

8. Jessica says:

A hammock for the summer would be great! Unfortunately I don't have two trees to string one up to.

9. Heather says:

Ditto on the hammock! What a great way to spend the summer!

10. jennifervickers says:

Thanks to a great second anniversary gift from my hubbie, I am the enthusiastic haver of a new hammock. (cotton anniversary = genius!) Now I'm pining for a great rain collection barrel. Sure, Texas is in the midst of a horrible drought, but that will change…hopefully soon.

• As seen on the HGTV & DIY Network series, Rehab Addict.

• #TBT Favorite bedrooms from HGTV Dream Homes past