Some people ask for a new car or a trip to Europe upon receiving their college degrees, but I asked for a composter. You think I’m kidding for the sake of editorial humor? Well, this blogger would never tell a lie. I asked my significant other to get me a composter I’d seen at the local hardware store, and he presented me with my very own plant-food-maker at my graduation party. While my friends were backpacking through the Alps, I was making nutrient-rich plant food by composting my kitchen scraps.

Compost Tumbler

While I do love my composter, I’m wishing I had shopped around a little because the Jora Jk125 Composter available at Eartheasy is the Cadillac of compost tumblers. It’s two chambers keep fresh scraps separated from finished compost. No more waiting for your huge pile of compost to cook when you have plants that need some fertilizer this week. Our green thumb Design Happens readers know exactly what I’m talking about.

To be entered into the random drawing for this state-of-the-art compost tumbler, leave us a comment before 12/11c Monday, June 27.

This week’s question: What home and garden product is on your wish list right now? I’m always hinting that someone should buy me a cedar potting bench.

Tell us in the comments below.

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. @Najladances says:

Well I've been wanting a composter as well, and aside from that I've been thinking about getting a gardener's worktable/bench so I have a place to re-pot plants and do other garden tasks.

2. beth says:

this is my comment

3. Sandy says:

Ultimate "Wish" list item would be a green house so we could expand our growing season.

4. hopnorth says:

I need some t-posts to do some trellising of my tomatoes and peas. I could use a few planters too for the deck!

5. debbie Ginter says:

I would love to have a composter.I would be giving back to the earth.

6. Stephanie says:

A garden tiller would be wonderful!

7. Joan says:

Sorry this is so predictable … but I'd love to have a composter. These tumble bins are so awesome … and always been on my wishlist :-)

8. Linda Murdock says:

Beware…I have a round composter that I have to turn and believe me I can't do it alone…it gets too heavy. It is so frustrating….now I need to turn it and my husband is gone so I have to wait until he gets home to help me turn it again. It needs to be turned daily.

9. myranoah says:

I really, really, really want an arbor for growing kiwi. It gets really big and needs something strong.

10. makeroom says:

What a coincidence! I was researching different composters and came upon this blog. My wish list is for the Jora compost tumbler with the dual chambers, so I could have finished compost while still adding fresh scraps to the other side. The Jora composter is the cream of the crop with its efficient design in recycling. My plants are eagerly awaiting the enrichment to their soil.