Some people ask for a new car or a trip to Europe upon receiving their college degrees, but I asked for a composter. You think I’m kidding for the sake of editorial humor? Well, this blogger would never tell a lie. I asked my significant other to get me a composter I’d seen at the local hardware store, and he presented me with my very own plant-food-maker at my graduation party. While my friends were backpacking through the Alps, I was making nutrient-rich plant food by composting my kitchen scraps.

Compost Tumbler

While I do love my composter, I’m wishing I had shopped around a little because the Jora Jk125 Composter available at Eartheasy is the Cadillac of compost tumblers. It’s two chambers keep fresh scraps separated from finished compost. No more waiting for your huge pile of compost to cook when you have plants that need some fertilizer this week. Our green thumb Design Happens readers know exactly what I’m talking about.

To be entered into the random drawing for this state-of-the-art compost tumbler, leave us a comment before 12/11c Monday, June 27.

This week’s question: What home and garden product is on your wish list right now? I’m always hinting that someone should buy me a cedar potting bench.

Tell us in the comments below.

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Phyllis S says:

I'm all about growing my favorite veggies organically, and this composter would be perfect. It'd also be so beneficial for my herbs, berries ans perennials. What a great product and winning it would be fabulous! :-)

2. Pia Zaslowe says:

I have been dreaming of a composter for soooo long now, and have not been able to afford one. We have been using a homemade one, made of a fence and a pitchfork :) and it stinks. Literally. My beautiful organic veggie and flower gardens, myself, and my family, would be ever so delighted to receive an amazing, tumbling, fast making composter. Thank you!

3. Nancy says:

After watching some of the "green" home improvement shows, I've been wanting a composter and think about them as I throw away my kitchen scraps……It is truly on my list of wants for my home and garden!!

4. Polly Koop says:

a composter is on my 2011 to-do list- make this happen for me hGTV!!!!! :)

5. Shannan Gioia says:

I would love to start over with this one….

6. Cathy says:

I just started a vegetable garden last year and have one again this year. This red clay soil in NC means we needed to buy a lot of topsoil. A composter would be a great earth-friendly way to add nutrients to my plants and flowers. My dad made his own compost pile and always had the best tasting home grown tomatoes and the most healthiest beautiful roses! I have also looked into worms making "compost" but am not sure how to start one of those.

7. Amy PureHome says:

I really need some quality outdoor furniture…I just don't have it in the budget right now! I might have to settle for some of those $20 chairs from Home Depot!

8. Sandie says:

This would be a great compost for the winner of the HGTV Green Home.

9. Michelle says:

I'm in desperate need of a rain barrel. It is at the top of the list on most wanted items to splurge on.

10. Sue says:

A composter is on my wish list, but what I really need is a perennial spade. It is just the right size to divide the plants especially hostas.

• As seen on HGTV's "Property Brothers At Home"

• As seen on HGTV's "Property Brothers At Home"

• As seen on HGTV's "Property Brothers At Home"

• As seen on HGTV's "Property Brothers At Home"