A red, white and blue theme is pretty much required when throwing a Fourth of July bash, don’t you think? However, if you’re looking to go a little less John Philip Sousa/Stars and Stripes Forever and instead want to try something modern and chic, you’ll love these Independence Day party ideas from our featured blogger Brian Patrick Flynn. After all, Brian is the go-to-guy for daring and wonderfully different. (And if you’re all about a classic look with American flags a plenty, we’ve got that covered with this table setting theme featuring Old Glory and old-fashioned lemonade!) Here are three fabulous tips from Brian:
- Layers, layers, layers. Pull out the red, white and blue in unexpected ways by substituting those stars and stripes with modern graphic patterns. Like the table setting pictured above, steer clear of clutter by layering large, medium and small prints.
- Fireworks. Who wants candles when you can add sparklers to your Fourth of July dessert? (Leave it Brian to figure out how to pack style and flames into a cake!) But don’t forget that safety comes first. Only light these babies outside.
- Popsicles. If you’re ready to start your summer soiree early, try making these fruity Fourth-of-July popsicles. All you have to do is pick your favorite red and blue juices, pour them into popsicle freezer trays, and freeze them overnight. Nobody will be able to turn down your patriotic pops in the heat of July.
- Check out #4 – #11 of Brian’s modern and chic 4th of July entertaining ideas.
- Bonus. Check out these mouth-watering patriotic dessert ideas from our featured blogger Kim Stoegbauer. Yum!
What do you think? Do you prefer a traditional or non-traditional 4th of July celebration? We’d love to know!
Tell us in the comment area below.