Does your dog or cat manage to scoot their food bowl across the kitchen by the time they are done eating? My three dogs do. But with so few stylish and not-too-cute pet placemat options available, I long ago resigned myself to the sounds of chomping and the metal bowls scraping across our hardwoods.

Chilewich Dog and Cat Pet Food Mats - HGTV Design Blog

Not anymore. These basketweave pet mats in orange or green would look perfect in my mostly yellow kitchen. New York-based Chilewich also produces modern, sophisticated and durable tablemats, floormats and window shades for us two-legged types.

Cat and dog lovers, do these food bowl mats appeal to you, too?

Tell us in the comments below.

1. Hilary_HGTV says:

YES! It's so true…that's exactly what our dogs do! These are such a great idea. I'm not so into the fish-shaped ones, but maybe that's just because I'm more of a dog person.

2. Kayla@HGTV says:

Either one of these options would be a nice help when D'Artagnan decides to flip his water bowl or leave food remnants scattered around his eating area.

3. Anna@HGTV says:

Ahhh, I love the school of fish-shaped mats ideas! You should see what our outdoor cat did to our expensive Arts & Crafts style welcome mad. Sad.

4. Gabby says:

ahh pretty cute…. i love yall……

5. I love the doggie ones! So cute and stylish, perfect for our chihuahua, Bentlie!

6. Punkin says:

What a wonderful idea!!!! I have one of those rubber mats with the 'edges' so water and food stay OFF the floor! Right! What are these made of? Absorbant for water spills? Something on back to keep is from sliding? And how could it be cleaned? I love my Dora, but she IS messy!!

• anna@HGTV says:

Punkin – The Chilewich site says they are made from woven vinyl flooring, "durable signature textile bonded with a flexible commercial-grade backing."

7. Punkin says:

I'm with you about the cut out! Better if it were an inserted shape in a different color or just different shade of the mat!

8. Margee says:

I have always used lace mats for my cats dishes. They have pictures of cats, fish, hearts, etc. I usually get them in the Dollar Store, you didn't mention the cost of these but I'll bet they cost more than 99 cents!

9. Oyan says:

For improving a home a lots of things are involved like kitchen remodeling,Bathroom remodeling, choosing best floor or whether it'll be of Wood or tile's and so on. For these purpose,here a lots of stuff to get the right direction to choose the best option. And I more liked the step by step approach for every details.

burleson hardwood floors