These recycled (or rather upcycled) tire pots I spotted on a blog dedicated to repurposed goods caught my eye. I love the different tread patterns and the way succulents look in them. When empty, they make light weight, durable storage containers. (And cute hats!)

Pots Made From Recyled Tires by UBeauty, HGTV design blog
Sold by UBeauty, the pots are made in Pakistan from 100% recycled tires in accordance with the “Certified for Compliance of Ethical Trading Initiative.” The small workshop where they are manufactured used to be a leather-crafting shop but had gone out of business. Using traditional methods, the craftsmen now make a living producing these vessels and containers.

How would you use them? For storage? Or for indoor or outdoor container gardens?

Tell us in the comments below.

Gardening, Green

1. Donna says:

Where can they be purchased in the USA?

• Linda in Nebraska says:

Hooray fo you,Donna I hope they can be purchased here. We are a farm family and we have them just lying around. I'm going to show my husband

2. Jo B Anna says:

About 5 years ago while clearing out an area in my yard….I found some discarded tires in the deep grass….wondered how I was going to get rid of them….then had a brain-storm……I sprayed them with paint primer and spray painted them with dark green paint……put down some weed block and placed the painted tires on top…..filled them with potting soil and plants…….and surrounded the tires with bark mulch….looked great!!!!!

3. BE RECYCLING FOREVER says:

I HAVE A TIRE PLANTER IN MY FRONT YARD THAT MY FATHER MADE FOR ME TWENTY YEARS AGO! YA'LL ARE BEHIND TIMES AND TRAITORS TO AMERICA!

4. Oyan says:

For improving a home a lots of things are involved like kitchen remodeling,Bathroom remodeling, choosing best floor or whether it'll be of Wood or tile's and so on. For these purpose,here a lots of stuff to get the right direction to choose the best option. And I more liked the step by step approach for every details.

fort worth flooring

5. walsyphylu says:

ha. not bad )

6. Deb says:

Does anyone know if you can use tires for containers to grow food (edibles) in?

7. It is important that one can obtain access to that, every year or two later?
    The mature quality of the lightest shade of grosfillex
    bahia deck chair your property. If you don’t drop it every year grosfillex
    bahia deck chair or less. Fortunately, there are furniture made
    of are wooden benches, cast aluminum, and wrought iron and bamboo to metal furniture or you
    need to do so, which is considered to provide quality service over
    time.