Shopping for little kids can be extremely fun. No matter how many toys they already have, they’d still love to have as many as possible. The possibilities are endless! Adults are a different animal. Often, they don’t want anything, and you’re forced to buy something utilitarian that they really need (new make-up mirror, extension chord, oil change). Instead, to keep it fun, I like to dip into my list of “life’s little luxuries” when searching for a thoughtful and appreciative gift the recipient has no idea they want. My no-fail list includes lusciously scented soy candles from local boutiques, chocolate truffles and luxurious throws.

Alpaca Throw

These ultra soft, hand-loomed solid alpaca throws from the Canvas Home Store are exactly what I’m talking about. They’re probably not on someone’s birthday wish list, but they’re so luxurious, they’ll do more than just sit on the receiver’s shelf. Who wouldn’t love one of these? If that’s you, leave us a comment before 12/11c Monday, July 4 to be entered into the random drawing for one of these velvety-soft blankets.

This week’s question: What’s your go-to gift for the person who has everything? Specialty coffee from a local roaster? A comfy, luxurious throw? Rich hand cream from your favorite spa?

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Amy says:

I think something home made, home baked, or a nice bottle of wine would make a great gift!

2. Arleen Reed says:

A coffee mug with an assortment of coffees or teas.

3. josette says:

oh my to sit and cover up with one of those would be marvelous,a cup of spiced cider,a good movie,,,a big cushy pillow. yeahhhhhhh

4. Loie says:

Perhaps this will sound weird but… I give of myself, there are many lonely elderly folks that spend so much time alone, I make it a point to visit and chat and love when I leave knowing I have brightened their day as they have brightened mine, I often bring a small bouquet of flowers or a baked goodie just to brighten the table and share a treat.

5. nikki says:

Specialty food item with a nice bottle of wine or gift card to their favorite store :)

6. Ann says:

My go-to gift? Something hand-made or a special photo – framed, of course!

7. fancywriter says:

A unique container filled with local goodies.

8. Lydia says:

Picture Frames are always a nice gift.

9. Meredith says:

Best gift is always a specialty item which they may not have tried, but you know they will love; or, something you know they love, but don't indulge theselves in often. I want one of these throws!

10. Whighamite says:

Years ago I gave my Dad a Burlap Bag with a Big Red Bow on it – it said: For the person who has everything ~ Now something to put it in. He thought it was the funniest thing he ever got.