Shopping for little kids can be extremely fun. No matter how many toys they already have, they’d still love to have as many as possible. The possibilities are endless! Adults are a different animal. Often, they don’t want anything, and you’re forced to buy something utilitarian that they really need (new make-up mirror, extension chord, oil change). Instead, to keep it fun, I like to dip into my list of “life’s little luxuries” when searching for a thoughtful and appreciative gift the recipient has no idea they want. My no-fail list includes lusciously scented soy candles from local boutiques, chocolate truffles and luxurious throws.

Alpaca Throw

These ultra soft, hand-loomed solid alpaca throws from the Canvas Home Store are exactly what I’m talking about. They’re probably not on someone’s birthday wish list, but they’re so luxurious, they’ll do more than just sit on the receiver’s shelf. Who wouldn’t love one of these? If that’s you, leave us a comment before 12/11c Monday, July 4 to be entered into the random drawing for one of these velvety-soft blankets.

This week’s question: What’s your go-to gift for the person who has everything? Specialty coffee from a local roaster? A comfy, luxurious throw? Rich hand cream from your favorite spa?

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Liv says:

Brautiful ! You can see the texture on these beautiful blankets.

2. Sheila Anderson says:

The Alpaca Throw would make a wonderful gift for an elderly person who tends to get chilly easily or a co-worker who might need a throw for her legs since the office air conditioning keeps her too cool at work. Also, maybe consider the Alpace Throw for a gift for someone who likes to picnic or use for attending sporting events in the fall. My best received gifts are homemade chocolate truffles or homemade jewelry.

3. ruthie burkman says:

A nice soft throw is a great gift, something warm to wrap up in when those winter winds blow.

4. Sharon says:

Something handmade is always nice .

5. Sherri says:

You can't go wrong with a throw, especially at my house. I keep it cold!

6. Vesta says:

I go for something home made from my kitchen or garden

7. tina says:

I have never owned one but they look like they would feel wonderful,they would make very nice gifts especially to one's self..

8. mary says:

very nice of you HGTV!

9. JC says:

Usually a gift to their favorite store so that the person who has everything can get exactly what they want or to their favorite resturant so they can have a nice meal!

10. Viola Martini says:

Alpacas are wonderful. There was an alpaca farm on Herd Rd., Bethel, Ny. Got to see them do the shearing and the wool is just wonderful!