Shopping for little kids can be extremely fun. No matter how many toys they already have, they’d still love to have as many as possible. The possibilities are endless! Adults are a different animal. Often, they don’t want anything, and you’re forced to buy something utilitarian that they really need (new make-up mirror, extension chord, oil change). Instead, to keep it fun, I like to dip into my list of “life’s little luxuries” when searching for a thoughtful and appreciative gift the recipient has no idea they want. My no-fail list includes lusciously scented soy candles from local boutiques, chocolate truffles and luxurious throws.

Alpaca Throw

These ultra soft, hand-loomed solid alpaca throws from the Canvas Home Store are exactly what I’m talking about. They’re probably not on someone’s birthday wish list, but they’re so luxurious, they’ll do more than just sit on the receiver’s shelf. Who wouldn’t love one of these? If that’s you, leave us a comment before 12/11c Monday, July 4 to be entered into the random drawing for one of these velvety-soft blankets.

This week’s question: What’s your go-to gift for the person who has everything? Specialty coffee from a local roaster? A comfy, luxurious throw? Rich hand cream from your favorite spa?

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Barb says:

My go to gift is a box of spices from Penzeys local store based upon the recipient's likes (baking, BBQ, curries etc).

2. Alex says:

Wine and/or chocolate :o )

3. Jessica W says:

Artwork from Etsy! There is always something unique for people of all styles.

4. brownbur says:

I like to give German sauces or condiments. I like to share what I grew up with. It is a little piece of Germany in the U.S.

5. Ron Miller says:

gift cards for those who have everything

6. kime1062 says:

My go to gift for little ones is a large bubble maker that can keep the little ones busy trying to catch the biggest bubbles and popping the little ones. Lots of laughs too!

7. faqu2psswrd says:

my personal dream of owning operating and living with my own alpacas and own my very own alpaca farm are out of reach…for the next decade or two. t. However I could dream while being cozy with the alpaca blanket and appreciate the wonders of leading the alpaca- farm -lifestyle….ahhh to dream…its a good place to be.

8. Leslie says:

Since we are such a foodie town here in Portland, OR, I usually buy a locally produced item such as goat cheese from a boutique farm, lavender vinegar from the vinegar lady or extraordinary jams and jellies from the Hood River area. Love that cozy looking alpaca blanket!

9. Leslie says:

Oops! here's my email to go with prior message

10. LIZ says:

A HOMEMADE MEAL TAILORED TO EACH INDIVIDUAL'S LIKES OR MEDICAL LIMITATIONS. ! THEN DEPENDING ON THAT'S PERSON'S CIRCUMSTANCES……EITHER MY COMPANY IF WANTED…..OR A GOOD MUSIC CD AND/OR VIDEO TO ENTERTAIN THEM WHILE ENJOYING THEIR MEAL..