Shopping for little kids can be extremely fun. No matter how many toys they already have, they’d still love to have as many as possible. The possibilities are endless! Adults are a different animal. Often, they don’t want anything, and you’re forced to buy something utilitarian that they really need (new make-up mirror, extension chord, oil change). Instead, to keep it fun, I like to dip into my list of “life’s little luxuries” when searching for a thoughtful and appreciative gift the recipient has no idea they want. My no-fail list includes lusciously scented soy candles from local boutiques, chocolate truffles and luxurious throws.

Alpaca Throw

These ultra soft, hand-loomed solid alpaca throws from the Canvas Home Store are exactly what I’m talking about. They’re probably not on someone’s birthday wish list, but they’re so luxurious, they’ll do more than just sit on the receiver’s shelf. Who wouldn’t love one of these? If that’s you, leave us a comment before 12/11c Monday, July 4 to be entered into the random drawing for one of these velvety-soft blankets.

This week’s question: What’s your go-to gift for the person who has everything? Specialty coffee from a local roaster? A comfy, luxurious throw? Rich hand cream from your favorite spa?

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. sherrylinda says:

We all know people who have "everything" , so what to get? I love putting a great gift card together with the gift of my time…that is, I will give of my time by baby sitting, helping in the garden, taking them to an unusual out of the way boutique or antique store, giving swimming lessions or just helping refinish an old table!

2. Kathleen Gereg says:

I will make a specialty dessert-one that is their favorite…my standby gift is a New York cheese cake, made in their favorite flavor. If I don't know their fav flav, I top it with fresh friut or make a berry puree topping.

3. Amy PureHome says:

Wine or whiskey if the friend is a drinker (and most of mine are). Or, a great book that I read and loved that I know they'd love too. And, as much as I hate to say it – these days iTunes gift cards always go over well no matter what age group now between music, apps, movies, and TV shows!

4. Anda says:

You can't go wrong with a bag or two of starbucks coffee! :) everyone enjoys a nice cup of joe once in a while if not everyday!!

5. Janelle says:

A bottle of wine or some coffee.

6. SaraStoneLyn says:

Since it's summer, although that's debatable in the Northwest this year, I love bringing fresh fruit or flowers as a gift.

7. Sophie says:

A gift certificate to a great restaurant. Everyone deserves a night out even if you have everything!! ;) Love the throws, it would be great to snuggle with the children in front of the fireplace. Happy fourth of July everyone!!

8. Connie says:

Fine Crystal is one of my favorite gifts to give….something heart shaped for engagements or anniversaries…wine goblets if they are into wine….candle holders for other occasions ..and in a pretty bag or box….it's all about the presentation!:)

9. jwb says:

I like to give a jar of jam or preserves made in the little town where I live.

10. @carmelagdl says:

Is just priceless when I look at Nicolas seating in my favorite chair snuggling with a random blanket and saying this smells so good mami! Can I say More?.