Shopping for little kids can be extremely fun. No matter how many toys they already have, they’d still love to have as many as possible. The possibilities are endless! Adults are a different animal. Often, they don’t want anything, and you’re forced to buy something utilitarian that they really need (new make-up mirror, extension chord, oil change). Instead, to keep it fun, I like to dip into my list of “life’s little luxuries” when searching for a thoughtful and appreciative gift the recipient has no idea they want. My no-fail list includes lusciously scented soy candles from local boutiques, chocolate truffles and luxurious throws.

Alpaca Throw

These ultra soft, hand-loomed solid alpaca throws from the Canvas Home Store are exactly what I’m talking about. They’re probably not on someone’s birthday wish list, but they’re so luxurious, they’ll do more than just sit on the receiver’s shelf. Who wouldn’t love one of these? If that’s you, leave us a comment before 12/11c Monday, July 4 to be entered into the random drawing for one of these velvety-soft blankets.

This week’s question: What’s your go-to gift for the person who has everything? Specialty coffee from a local roaster? A comfy, luxurious throw? Rich hand cream from your favorite spa?

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Jerusha says:

*alpaca* blanket for the picnic!!

2. Diane says:

I just read a lot about wine and gift card giving, which I love receiving, but then I saw flowers, and how can you top that?

3. CZana says:

Something baked fresh from the oven.

4. robyn says:

for the person who has everything, i would give something homemade or one of a kind! i always like to give something special.

5. Kim McM says:

Gift card for their favorite restaurant . This would be a nice gift for my son, who is moving into his first apartment.

6. deena says:

Mine is a candle gift set or a gift card to a spa or the persons favorite place to shop. You can never go wrong with a toys r us gift card for a child. There is always something they wanted they didnt get and that way you know they get what they want.

7. Barbara says:

I can admit I am not the greatest gift giver. I have to ask what someone is looking for or wanting. Otherwise they get a gift card.

8. Cathy says:

I love going to off the wall shops all year and making great finds for gifts, like a mushroom making kit I found my daughter and her fiance who absolutely love them in pasta. I would really appreciate this throw for myself though lol.

9. iblong2the3in1 says:

My Photography of local scenery, wildlife or floral, framed out in a really nice streamlined black frame with layered linen looking mats. I try to match the image to their interest.

10. solgitano says:

wow. They look so soft and cozy!