Shopping for little kids can be extremely fun. No matter how many toys they already have, they’d still love to have as many as possible. The possibilities are endless! Adults are a different animal. Often, they don’t want anything, and you’re forced to buy something utilitarian that they really need (new make-up mirror, extension chord, oil change). Instead, to keep it fun, I like to dip into my list of “life’s little luxuries” when searching for a thoughtful and appreciative gift the recipient has no idea they want. My no-fail list includes lusciously scented soy candles from local boutiques, chocolate truffles and luxurious throws.

Alpaca Throw

These ultra soft, hand-loomed solid alpaca throws from the Canvas Home Store are exactly what I’m talking about. They’re probably not on someone’s birthday wish list, but they’re so luxurious, they’ll do more than just sit on the receiver’s shelf. Who wouldn’t love one of these? If that’s you, leave us a comment before 12/11c Monday, July 4 to be entered into the random drawing for one of these velvety-soft blankets.

This week’s question: What’s your go-to gift for the person who has everything? Specialty coffee from a local roaster? A comfy, luxurious throw? Rich hand cream from your favorite spa?

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Kimberly Wood says:

I like to give a gift card or a unique gift basket to the person that has it all. Also, music, books and gifts related to their interest is always appreciated.

2. Pam Owens says:

I am learning to crochet, love making little trinkets to give to my friends.

3. deborah ivie says:

A full day at the spa … for a couple if they get along.

4. Julie says:

My "go to gift" really depends on the person! I like to get them something that stirs up memories! Sometimes it takes a little research but they end up loving it!

5. Stephanie W. says:

I compile several small items of things they like to create one big, awesome gift basket!!!

6. Denise Bell says:

I would love to have a new throw to put across my couch and when we take naps it would be great to throw over us. I love soft blankets and would love a new one. I would also show it off as my gift from the great HGTV :)

7. Dorie says:

I love to give throws in various colors to my kids as a children we all had our own throws and bundled up and watched movies now adults I give the same!!

8. they look gorgeous.. we know some guys who raise alpacas ..they are cute

9. Heather says:

exotic gift from a local market that most people don't shop.

10. Toyah says:

A handmade basket filled with sweet treats ;)