There are certain colors that pack more than visual appeal. They also evoke powerfully strong (and hopefully positive) sense memories that further our desire to include that color in our home. Some hues easily achieve this status because they also connect to a readily identifiable taste or scent. Others because they are associated with life events. We think you’ll agree, our July Color of the Month makes for a delicious and refreshing experience, whether you taste it, drink it, smell it or simply lay eyes on it. Check out our favorite indoor and outdoor decor finds that sport this color (it’s July, after all!), plus three inspirational rooms. Then let us know, what happy memory does this hue bring up for you, and how do you (or will you) incorporate it in your home? I’ve included my answers in the comments at the end. We hope you will, too!

LIME :: OUTDOORS
Lime Green - HGTV Color of the Month - July
1. Sundance Teahouse laterns 2. Wisteria Borromean Rings canvas tote 3. Etsy seller dirtcouture hose clothes 4. Horchow ceramic tables + stools 5. Frontgate Melrose seating 6. Jill Rosenwald Studio Chevron #8 vase 7. Room & Board Waikiki umbrella

LIME :: INDOORS
Lime Green - HGTV Color of the Month - July
1. Inhabit Living Big Man on Campus table lamp 2. Layla Grayce Oilo Modern Berries crib bedding 3. Greener Grass Design Krenit bowl 4. Layla Grayce Trina Turk Greek key rug 5. CB2 Clothespin chopsticks 6. Horchow Melody chairs 7. Somerset Bay Home Catalina poster bed + Montauk mirror 9. Tracy Glover Studio Prospect Hill door knob 10. Urban Outfitters Flourish Bird duvet cover 11. Bungalow 5 Jacqui tea table

3 LIME INSPIRATIONAL ROOMS
bohemian living room - Designer Samantha Pynn - Lime Green - HGTV Color of the Month JulyBohemian living room :: Designer Samantha Pynn, HGTV Canada

traditional bedroom Lime Green - Designer Amanda Nisbet - HGTV Color of the Month JulyTraditional bedroom :: Designer Amanda Nisbet

Foyer - Designer Shelly Riehl David - Lime Green - HGTV Color of the Month JulyTransitional entryway :: Designer Shelly Riehl David

So, do you have a favorite lime decor item or inspirational room from our post? What enjoyable thoughts do you think of when you see the color lime, and how do you (or will you) incorporate it in your home?

Tell us in the comments below.

1. Karli_HGTV says:

That lime and purple Amanda Nisbet room is out of this world!

2. Anna@HGTV says:

For me, lime is a trip to Key West and the first time I enjoyed frozen key lime pie covered in chocolate shell. It's limeade from Bill's Barbecue in Richmond, Virginia, a summer drink my mother always raves about. It makes for a perfect scented candle or shower gel in July. Amanda Nesbit's lavender and lime bedroom is a favorite, gorgeous!

• Karli_HGTV says:

That sounds absolutely delightful! I'm reminded of a favorite lime green sweater I used to wear over my school uniform. It was my attempt at brightening up the old khakis and oxford.

3. Sana@Pip&Estella says:

Anna! Lime is a classic summer refresher. I've used natural lime green (sweet potato vine) to add color to the stoop of my brownstone. It's hard to believe a plant can be that electric in color — it does the trick!

• Anna@HGTV says:

Oh yes, sweet potato vine is a fabulous container gardening plant and such a perfect lime! Now that my snap dragons and pansies have wilted in the July heat, I will have to replant with your suggestion!

4. Lime, oh lime…how I love you so! I love that chevron vase and the Oilo nursery!

5. Amy S. Rybacki says:

Studies are somethings so drab and boring but mine is painted lime above the 3/4 height judge's paneling. Love the punch of color!

• anna@HGTV says:

Oh, a study is a perfect place for lime! Love it with brown leather bound books. Reading is such a pleasure, why make a room dedicated to it dreary.

6. I am loving lime right now – it has such a zing, doesn't it? You inspired me to put together a handful of lime green artwork: http://www.artworknetwork.com/blog.php

7. [...] via: HGTV’s Color of the Month is So Refreshing – July 2011 Category: Design Tags: 2011, Color, HGTV’s, July, Month, [...]

8. Gayle says:

I have noticed alot of designs in your color of the month. It really sets a lite and energetic feeling. It's perfect for the summer, not a hot color, but an energizing color. ;)

9. Beth says:

I have never been a huge fan of this color when decorating but I LOVE this! Especially love the lime hallway with the chandelier and the dining room table with the Melody chairs! so chic!

10. Sharon Facey-Truglio says:

As your pictures show, you can bring Lyme in your decor in many ways not just on walls and it is an exciting color for a change. I say go for the challenge and have fun with it.