There are certain colors that pack more than visual appeal. They also evoke powerfully strong (and hopefully positive) sense memories that further our desire to include that color in our home. Some hues easily achieve this status because they also connect to a readily identifiable taste or scent. Others because they are associated with life events. We think you’ll agree, our July Color of the Month makes for a delicious and refreshing experience, whether you taste it, drink it, smell it or simply lay eyes on it. Check out our favorite indoor and outdoor decor finds that sport this color (it’s July, after all!), plus three inspirational rooms. Then let us know, what happy memory does this hue bring up for you, and how do you (or will you) incorporate it in your home? I’ve included my answers in the comments at the end. We hope you will, too!

LIME :: OUTDOORS
Lime Green - HGTV Color of the Month - July
1. Sundance Teahouse laterns 2. Wisteria Borromean Rings canvas tote 3. Etsy seller dirtcouture hose clothes 4. Horchow ceramic tables + stools 5. Frontgate Melrose seating 6. Jill Rosenwald Studio Chevron #8 vase 7. Room & Board Waikiki umbrella

LIME :: INDOORS
Lime Green - HGTV Color of the Month - July
1. Inhabit Living Big Man on Campus table lamp 2. Layla Grayce Oilo Modern Berries crib bedding 3. Greener Grass Design Krenit bowl 4. Layla Grayce Trina Turk Greek key rug 5. CB2 Clothespin chopsticks 6. Horchow Melody chairs 7. Somerset Bay Home Catalina poster bed + Montauk mirror 9. Tracy Glover Studio Prospect Hill door knob 10. Urban Outfitters Flourish Bird duvet cover 11. Bungalow 5 Jacqui tea table

3 LIME INSPIRATIONAL ROOMS
bohemian living room - Designer Samantha Pynn - Lime Green - HGTV Color of the Month JulyBohemian living room :: Designer Samantha Pynn, HGTV Canada

traditional bedroom Lime Green - Designer Amanda Nisbet - HGTV Color of the Month JulyTraditional bedroom :: Designer Amanda Nisbet

Foyer - Designer Shelly Riehl David - Lime Green - HGTV Color of the Month JulyTransitional entryway :: Designer Shelly Riehl David

So, do you have a favorite lime decor item or inspirational room from our post? What enjoyable thoughts do you think of when you see the color lime, and how do you (or will you) incorporate it in your home?

Tell us in the comments below.

1. Renee C says:

I just painted a demilune table lime green yesterday and then i read this today!! It is awesome. Lime always add a bit a punch and it will look awesome in my display of black and silver furnture!!

2. gGayle says:

Great color for fruit, and occasional splashes of color, can't imagine living with it, but the pics show it tastefully and beautifully used. I, too, liked the lavender and lime bedroom.

3. LPD says:

I am using lime as an accent color in my kitchen and family room (open floor plan)….against "sand" colored walls. It is such a fresh and energizing color….love it! I love these pictures….esp the aubergine and lime room. I am sitting on my lime colored leather chair at my espresso colored desk.

4. cheryl says:

I am using Lime to accent with dark brown wicker furniture on our new deck we built! Love it…it makes everything "POP" !!!

5. Greg S says:

if people would make it look like the photo shown I would love it… but most are too tacky to do so.

6. Marie says:

That colors not for me! Pretty but no!
    Would not work in the Southwest.

• Cecilia says:

I disagree I live in the southwest and I think having some green indoors is great. These colors were in my room when I was in high school (well it was lime, orange and yellow) I do interior design work in southern AZ and I love to do what is not always expected.

7. lou.scott87 says:

Love, love, love lime! It will look wonderful with my pumpkin cabinets.

8. Diana W. says:

Lime was used in my 1968 wedding.Lime bridesmaid dresses and lime and white
    Carnation bouquets also 1973 color of my Childs room and carpet .Have been glad to see its comeback the last few years. I love Lime reminds me of the Popsicles as a kid.

9. Kristine says:

Adore lime! I am so into green hues right now and I find that lime can accent anything, anywhere.

10. Deb says:

Love Lime! My workshop is Lime, Grape, and Cotton Candy Pink! :)