There are certain colors that pack more than visual appeal. They also evoke powerfully strong (and hopefully positive) sense memories that further our desire to include that color in our home. Some hues easily achieve this status because they also connect to a readily identifiable taste or scent. Others because they are associated with life events. We think you’ll agree, our July Color of the Month makes for a delicious and refreshing experience, whether you taste it, drink it, smell it or simply lay eyes on it. Check out our favorite indoor and outdoor decor finds that sport this color (it’s July, after all!), plus three inspirational rooms. Then let us know, what happy memory does this hue bring up for you, and how do you (or will you) incorporate it in your home? I’ve included my answers in the comments at the end. We hope you will, too!

LIME :: OUTDOORS
Lime Green - HGTV Color of the Month - July
1. Sundance Teahouse laterns 2. Wisteria Borromean Rings canvas tote 3. Etsy seller dirtcouture hose clothes 4. Horchow ceramic tables + stools 5. Frontgate Melrose seating 6. Jill Rosenwald Studio Chevron #8 vase 7. Room & Board Waikiki umbrella

LIME :: INDOORS
Lime Green - HGTV Color of the Month - July
1. Inhabit Living Big Man on Campus table lamp 2. Layla Grayce Oilo Modern Berries crib bedding 3. Greener Grass Design Krenit bowl 4. Layla Grayce Trina Turk Greek key rug 5. CB2 Clothespin chopsticks 6. Horchow Melody chairs 7. Somerset Bay Home Catalina poster bed + Montauk mirror 9. Tracy Glover Studio Prospect Hill door knob 10. Urban Outfitters Flourish Bird duvet cover 11. Bungalow 5 Jacqui tea table

3 LIME INSPIRATIONAL ROOMS
bohemian living room - Designer Samantha Pynn - Lime Green - HGTV Color of the Month JulyBohemian living room :: Designer Samantha Pynn, HGTV Canada

traditional bedroom Lime Green - Designer Amanda Nisbet - HGTV Color of the Month JulyTraditional bedroom :: Designer Amanda Nisbet

Foyer - Designer Shelly Riehl David - Lime Green - HGTV Color of the Month JulyTransitional entryway :: Designer Shelly Riehl David

So, do you have a favorite lime decor item or inspirational room from our post? What enjoyable thoughts do you think of when you see the color lime, and how do you (or will you) incorporate it in your home?

Tell us in the comments below.

1. cynthia says:

Love the rug, mirror, & crib in 2nd grouping…and ALL the outdoor selections! Lime can be taken anywhere from cottage-y to sophisticated. I like my subtle mosses for relaxation, but lime is fun & energizing.

2. marilyn says:

NATURE PROVIDES GUIDELINES AS TO THE COLORS SEASON.-
    THE DIFFERENT SHADES OF GREEN PLANS.
    THE NUMBER OF DIFFERENT COLORS IN THE FLOWERS.
    THE FORCE WITH WHICH THE SUN REFLECTS THE BLUE OF THE SEA,
    THE JOY AND EVEN THE FLUTTER OF BIRDS FLYING FROM FLOWER TO FLOWER,
    DESIGN INSPIRATION THIS SEASON.

3. Aprilinda says:

What great ideas! My kitchen has a lot of red, and I think the right shade of lime on the backsplash and around the windows would be perfect! Right now it's just off white. Can't wait to try it!

• Judy says:

Hi! Depending on what shade of red (warm vs.cool) I think adding just splashes of lime would greatly enhance your kitchen :) Try adding a sweet potato plant, a picture here or there with lime colors, or even a family pic with a lime matte or frame would be cute. I love decorating and have a vivid, creative mind…hope u don't mind my input :)

4. Evelyn Ramos says:

I LOVE IT! So soothing and tranquil and yet energizing at the same time.

5. jiboko says:

I like some hues of green not strong or right lime green. soft green. Some items I like and do not like, depending on hues of green

6. BETTY JO says:

EWWWW!!! UGLY

7. rewolf says:

my favorite color for all seasons. I would like to see a restaurant with that Melrose seating. it is awesome.

8. Rob in KS says:

Recently painted my Great Room lime with chocolate and orange accents. LOOKS AWESOME!

9. I've been using greens a lot lately and can't seem to stay away from them. Green is one of my favorites to use in interior spaces! I find these light, airy, bright greens refreshing (as others have similarly mentioned). Infusing some of the "outdoors" with your interior space creates a sense of harmony and balance.

10. Shirl says:

I've been using Lime and Red since I redecorated in 2006 and love it still. It's in my LR and Kitchen and bath. :)