There are certain colors that pack more than visual appeal. They also evoke powerfully strong (and hopefully positive) sense memories that further our desire to include that color in our home. Some hues easily achieve this status because they also connect to a readily identifiable taste or scent. Others because they are associated with life events. We think you’ll agree, our July Color of the Month makes for a delicious and refreshing experience, whether you taste it, drink it, smell it or simply lay eyes on it. Check out our favorite indoor and outdoor decor finds that sport this color (it’s July, after all!), plus three inspirational rooms. Then let us know, what happy memory does this hue bring up for you, and how do you (or will you) incorporate it in your home? I’ve included my answers in the comments at the end. We hope you will, too!

LIME :: OUTDOORS
Lime Green - HGTV Color of the Month - July
1. Sundance Teahouse laterns 2. Wisteria Borromean Rings canvas tote 3. Etsy seller dirtcouture hose clothes 4. Horchow ceramic tables + stools 5. Frontgate Melrose seating 6. Jill Rosenwald Studio Chevron #8 vase 7. Room & Board Waikiki umbrella

LIME :: INDOORS
Lime Green - HGTV Color of the Month - July
1. Inhabit Living Big Man on Campus table lamp 2. Layla Grayce Oilo Modern Berries crib bedding 3. Greener Grass Design Krenit bowl 4. Layla Grayce Trina Turk Greek key rug 5. CB2 Clothespin chopsticks 6. Horchow Melody chairs 7. Somerset Bay Home Catalina poster bed + Montauk mirror 9. Tracy Glover Studio Prospect Hill door knob 10. Urban Outfitters Flourish Bird duvet cover 11. Bungalow 5 Jacqui tea table

3 LIME INSPIRATIONAL ROOMS
bohemian living room - Designer Samantha Pynn - Lime Green - HGTV Color of the Month JulyBohemian living room :: Designer Samantha Pynn, HGTV Canada

traditional bedroom Lime Green - Designer Amanda Nisbet - HGTV Color of the Month JulyTraditional bedroom :: Designer Amanda Nisbet

Foyer - Designer Shelly Riehl David - Lime Green - HGTV Color of the Month JulyTransitional entryway :: Designer Shelly Riehl David

So, do you have a favorite lime decor item or inspirational room from our post? What enjoyable thoughts do you think of when you see the color lime, and how do you (or will you) incorporate it in your home?

Tell us in the comments below.

1. madeline says:

I love the lime green. I have it as an accent color in my kitchen, livingroom and bedroom.

2. Martha Kilpatrick says:

Just bought new bedding in lime and chocolate. My room looks like an " Andes Mint " ! Yum!!

3. CplusE says:

What a perfect color for summer! I love that bohemian living room with the pops of electric blue against the lime green.

4. Judy says:

Loving the lime, turquoise blue & whites mixed together :) Makes for a happy palette for me…reminds me of summer all year long….matter of fact, my current home is filled with these colors esp. in my kitchen/breakfast rooms, great room, main bath & computer room…..it can be both tranquil and energizing depending on your individual tastes and decorating choices…..(the lavender gives me a new idea, lol)

5. bstevens says:

Thumbs up! I love the bright colors they bring sunshine to the room and remind me of vacation and the beach .

6. IslCol says:

Another lime lover here! Redecorated a couple of years ago trying to merge traditional Queen Anne furniture into a Island Colonial style because I downsized from a stately home into a modern patio home so I don't want my condo to be so serious. Lots of dark furniture, black leather and leopard print with white carpeting and Irish Cream walls. This lime green really perks things up for summer. I'm using lime green candles in the living room and a lime green throw blanket on my bed. I have lots of potted palms and dracena. Also lots of brass and gold tones in mirrors, lamps, window scarf holders and door handles. Then I flip out the lime in the winter and use deep wine or burgundy as accents. Anybody out there using the Island Colonial/British Colonial style of decorating? I have a huge ornate mirror over my mantle and candles on the mantle but I'm looking for mantle ideas.

• Silvia says:

Anything nature/explorer related fits well into a British Colonial decor ( think Darwin). Early drawings of plants, butterflies, birds, sea shells (or in the latter case, the real thing!). Tobacco or tea boxes. Old framed maps. Chinese temple jars and African masks. Happy decorating!

• Silvia says:

I love lime and have a softly lime-colored microsuede sofa in my FR, with tangerine walls, lime green accents on the mantle and white wood-work. Refreshing, uplifting, yet still traditional with dark floors and cabinets.

7. Silvia says:

8. nancy says:

40 years ago July 3, 1971, new hubby and I drove away from our evening wedding reception in his lime green '63 Chevy convertible!! Wish we had that car today as we are still celebrating our anniversary like the old days!!

9. Crystal "Design says:

I've never been a huge fan of lime, but certainly reminds me of summer. I would marry it with decor accents that are too costly, but would certainly use it in a backyard picnic or barbeque with napkins, plates of some sort.

10. Esmeralda says:

Green is my favorite color and lime my favorite shade in decorating. I absolutely love the entryway, though I see how it could be a bit much for some.

My current crush is Sherwin-Williams Springtime 6708. I used this in my guest room that doubles as my studio/craft room. It varies between warm and cool depending on the light and is cheerful without being overwhelming in a 10 X 12 space. Thanks for the ideas!