There are certain colors that pack more than visual appeal. They also evoke powerfully strong (and hopefully positive) sense memories that further our desire to include that color in our home. Some hues easily achieve this status because they also connect to a readily identifiable taste or scent. Others because they are associated with life events. We think you’ll agree, our July Color of the Month makes for a delicious and refreshing experience, whether you taste it, drink it, smell it or simply lay eyes on it. Check out our favorite indoor and outdoor decor finds that sport this color (it’s July, after all!), plus three inspirational rooms. Then let us know, what happy memory does this hue bring up for you, and how do you (or will you) incorporate it in your home? I’ve included my answers in the comments at the end. We hope you will, too!

LIME :: OUTDOORS
Lime Green - HGTV Color of the Month - July
1. Sundance Teahouse laterns 2. Wisteria Borromean Rings canvas tote 3. Etsy seller dirtcouture hose clothes 4. Horchow ceramic tables + stools 5. Frontgate Melrose seating 6. Jill Rosenwald Studio Chevron #8 vase 7. Room & Board Waikiki umbrella

LIME :: INDOORS
Lime Green - HGTV Color of the Month - July
1. Inhabit Living Big Man on Campus table lamp 2. Layla Grayce Oilo Modern Berries crib bedding 3. Greener Grass Design Krenit bowl 4. Layla Grayce Trina Turk Greek key rug 5. CB2 Clothespin chopsticks 6. Horchow Melody chairs 7. Somerset Bay Home Catalina poster bed + Montauk mirror 9. Tracy Glover Studio Prospect Hill door knob 10. Urban Outfitters Flourish Bird duvet cover 11. Bungalow 5 Jacqui tea table

3 LIME INSPIRATIONAL ROOMS
bohemian living room - Designer Samantha Pynn - Lime Green - HGTV Color of the Month JulyBohemian living room :: Designer Samantha Pynn, HGTV Canada

traditional bedroom Lime Green - Designer Amanda Nisbet - HGTV Color of the Month JulyTraditional bedroom :: Designer Amanda Nisbet

Foyer - Designer Shelly Riehl David - Lime Green - HGTV Color of the Month JulyTransitional entryway :: Designer Shelly Riehl David

So, do you have a favorite lime decor item or inspirational room from our post? What enjoyable thoughts do you think of when you see the color lime, and how do you (or will you) incorporate it in your home?

Tell us in the comments below.

1. Marilyn Smith says:

Featured colors are trendy and lack year round appeal for those folks who need a background palette that stays, with splashes of color indicating changing seasons.

2. montana says:

I have an all white living room and accented with lime in pillows, ceramics and flowers. My furniture(tables) are dark brown. Everyone who comes in and see's it says it really pops. I did this last year and also did my Christmas tree with these accents. I will be adding a bright aqua to updated this year. Love doing white and changing my accents. All my picture frames are all black. I seem to add this wonderful color to my summer wardrobe and can't tell you how up liftting it makes you feel.

3. Garrett Ann Dent says:

I like they Lime is used. I used to live in the Keys so Key lime is promanent so is white and aqua

4. wendy129 says:

I love lime! Redecorated my mother's guest bedroom that had aqua blue walls. I bought some lime spray paint and used it to paint a 1950s mid-century modern swivel dining chair, a 1930s wooden plant stand (was my Grandmother's), and a 1980s small metal bookshelf. These items looked great in the room with its blue walls and a bedside rug in lime, aqua, and purple. Lime goes with so many other colors–great choice.

5. William Harper says:

I can appreciate lime as an accent color. It's refreshing and lively. I most like it in outdoor rooms and sun porches. I appreciate the blending from nature over into a sunny room – it's an easy transition for the eye to follow and enjoy.

6. Sutherland-designed says:

An artist friend convinced me last summer to paint the plywood paneling in my 1969 Frank Lloyd Wright inspired architect-designed house a light lime green. It brings the color of the oak leaves inside, but subtly and very beautifully.

7. Jewel says:

Painted my wood Adrandkic chairs bright lime green (3 ) with pillows of cream background w lime leaves and lime and black flowers hot nights

8. Lori M says:

LOve it!! Love the Bohemian Room!!! It"s Awesome! What better time of year to use Lime Its fresh and cool and it make you Happy!!

9. Ann Marie Acacio says:

My granddaughter and I both really LOVE the lime green color for just about anything! She redid her bedroom in lime, and I'm making lime green cushions for my Mom's outdoor furniture. I also have my eye on a new lime green car! Can't get enough lime green in my life! YES to lime!!

10. Carla says:

Before I viewed I thought that I would dislike it; however, after viewing I "like" it ! Alive and vivrant ! I even like the foyer but don't think I would choose that personally. I Love all the rest though! Like it with the blues and the lavender, (purples). It is refreshing! :)