There are certain colors that pack more than visual appeal. They also evoke powerfully strong (and hopefully positive) sense memories that further our desire to include that color in our home. Some hues easily achieve this status because they also connect to a readily identifiable taste or scent. Others because they are associated with life events. We think you’ll agree, our July Color of the Month makes for a delicious and refreshing experience, whether you taste it, drink it, smell it or simply lay eyes on it. Check out our favorite indoor and outdoor decor finds that sport this color (it’s July, after all!), plus three inspirational rooms. Then let us know, what happy memory does this hue bring up for you, and how do you (or will you) incorporate it in your home? I’ve included my answers in the comments at the end. We hope you will, too!

LIME :: OUTDOORS
Lime Green - HGTV Color of the Month - July
1. Sundance Teahouse laterns 2. Wisteria Borromean Rings canvas tote 3. Etsy seller dirtcouture hose clothes 4. Horchow ceramic tables + stools 5. Frontgate Melrose seating 6. Jill Rosenwald Studio Chevron #8 vase 7. Room & Board Waikiki umbrella

LIME :: INDOORS
Lime Green - HGTV Color of the Month - July
1. Inhabit Living Big Man on Campus table lamp 2. Layla Grayce Oilo Modern Berries crib bedding 3. Greener Grass Design Krenit bowl 4. Layla Grayce Trina Turk Greek key rug 5. CB2 Clothespin chopsticks 6. Horchow Melody chairs 7. Somerset Bay Home Catalina poster bed + Montauk mirror 9. Tracy Glover Studio Prospect Hill door knob 10. Urban Outfitters Flourish Bird duvet cover 11. Bungalow 5 Jacqui tea table

3 LIME INSPIRATIONAL ROOMS
bohemian living room - Designer Samantha Pynn - Lime Green - HGTV Color of the Month JulyBohemian living room :: Designer Samantha Pynn, HGTV Canada

traditional bedroom Lime Green - Designer Amanda Nisbet - HGTV Color of the Month JulyTraditional bedroom :: Designer Amanda Nisbet

Foyer - Designer Shelly Riehl David - Lime Green - HGTV Color of the Month JulyTransitional entryway :: Designer Shelly Riehl David

So, do you have a favorite lime decor item or inspirational room from our post? What enjoyable thoughts do you think of when you see the color lime, and how do you (or will you) incorporate it in your home?

Tell us in the comments below.

1. Dian B. Jones says:

I've always been a "blue" and neutrals person, but I fell in love with lime when I first started noticing it in magazines. Buying a lime item here and there, I found that happy color gave me such JOY! My favorite piece is my grandmother's white rattan sofa with seats upholstered in lime in the early 70's with chairs upholstered in dark brown, now in our sun room. Our recently refaced kitchen we painted a soft aqua with accents of lime, orange, purple, and white in dishes, accessories, etc.
    Redid my bath in soft yellow, lime, and orange, and love it!
    Being an artist, I have few paintings with lime in them, but the amazing discovery is how lime copes so well with so many other colors, like the "mature grape" accent walls in our foyer and livingroom. It works well with all my seasonal changes: cobalt blue, yellow, and white in summer; browns, orange, yellow, in the autumn, dark green and red in winter, and pink, blue, and white in spring! Wow!

2. WMouzon says:

I loved lime green even when it wasn't a popular color. It is fresh and clean and reminds me of summer because it is cheery and bright but a cool shade of green. It is just delightful. I love its use in the nursery. Pink and blue is so overused that it just hits the spot, I think. I also love the Transitional Hallway. Lime can be considered a "trendy" color, but its use in this architecturally traditional space is clever and fresh. Love it!

3. drf says:

I lived through the decorating of the 1970s….yuck. Living through this color once was enough!!!!!!!

4. Jan Mahal says:

I absolutely love the color of lime. It is refreshing! Great photos, great taste!

5. E Druck says:

My granddaughter chose lime green for her bedroom walls last year. she then chose hot pink as her accent…she painted two shelves, the wooden lite plate switches all hot pink, Then we stenciled words in 3" high letters and also in 1" letters in Hot Pink all over the walls. What a room!!! Now we find lime green is the IN color… she is ahead of her time.

6. IslCol says:

Thanks, Silvia. Not much into the jungle/African mask thing…I'm going for more of a Tommy Bahama feel. I'm just not getting my mantle or coffee table looking the way I want. My mantle ledge is narrow because of a huge mirror that goes from mantle ledge to ceiling. My coffee table is oval, glass with an antique brass base. I'm displaying shells in a vase and a big coral on the TV. Could move the coral back to the coffee table and think of something else for the TV. I tried a tray with candles and shells but I'm not getting it to look right. I just have to keep playing, I guess!

7. Evette says:

Love the lime and purple. This color combo has been my favorite for years, just not sure how to combine the two colors. Great job! Love it, love it, love it.

8. stylebyladyg says:

I have used lime to liven up our outdoors. Lime along with lemon and red are the colours we chose for our tableware when entertaining outdoors. A more muted green we chose for our cushions on a wicker seating deck area upstairs. Very fresh and vibrant without going too over the top. Appetising, cool and refreshing!

9. Carla Aston says:

Love some lime. I used it in my showhouse room for a teenaged girl. Check out my room at my blog, <a href="http://www.designinthewoods.blogspot.com” target=”_blank”>www.designinthewoods.blogspot.com

I'm doing a giveaway of the 8' round Flokati rug I used in the space!

10. susan says:

love the color!! has been my favorite since the 60's. just use it in different ways over all those years. my rooms are various shades of greens. i have had nothing but positive comments when it comes to decor and color. am a retired art teacher and color has always been in the "lime" light of my home. it is a relaxing color and is very cheery in the darker months of winter. not everyone cares for bright colors, but design and colors always come back full circle every 20-30 years. YEAH for greens! lime and all!