While perusing fresh lacinato kale, heirloom tomatoes, raw honey and summer squash at my local farmer’s market this weekend, I kept thinking, “This stuff is too good to be squished into a reused plastic bag from the supermarket.” I found myself longing for today’s Freebie Friday — this simple, stylish and highly functional Market & Fruit Picking Pack from Kaufmann Mercantile Store. The rattan pack’s cotton back straps and squish-free design are enough to make it a must-have for any farmer’s-market-frequenting locavore. Plus, last month style-maven Joy Cho from the Oh Joy! blog featured it as the ultimate picnic basket.

Kaufmann Mercantile Market Basket

All you have to do to be entered into the random drawing for this rustic chic market basket is leave us a comment before 12/11c Monday, July 11. So easy!

This week’s question: How do you enjoy summer’s fruit and veggie harvest? Do you can the excess produce into tomato sauces or jams? Bake a ton of fruit pies and cobblers? Enjoy everything fresh and raw?

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. MaryPA says:

This basket would be great at the farmers market, it could be used with a bike. Nice birthday present for myself. Hahahaha Good luck everyone!!!xD<3xD

2. pattipoodle says:

Very nice basket, classy but rustic would look great at my cabin @ Priest Lake Idaho

3. joanlife says:

I do love baskets. They always provide so many different possibilities…..I wish there were one for each of us!

4. Janet Stewart says:

I love a huge variety of raw veggies and fruit, but stir fry with fresh veggies and apple slices is reallllly good. Just that added touch of sweetness from the apples is wonderful.

5. KYRA says:

I am a baker, so harvesting fruit and veg from my own garden is such a joy! And I love having my fresh picked berries soak in local wine………..such a great treat=)

6. Emily says:

This is a great basket for homemade hummus and pita chips. This is my new all time favorite snack that I have found great recipes for!

7. Rosalee says:

I love grilling my summer veggies but also enjoying sharing the veggies I grow in my little garden.

8. Ebony Kennedy says:

I would love this basket! What a beauty

9. purplicious2u says:

I enjoy everything the same day & raw. Wouldn't want it to go to waste!! This basket would be perfect to take to the market with me!!

10. @jenny20 says:

I was justI was just at the market this weekend and thinking about purchasing an easier carryall basket! I would love to have it :)